BF Disaster Relief Grants
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About the Banfield Foundation
From Banfield Pet Hospital’s start as a single hospital in 1955, to our presence today with more than 950 hospitals across the country and Puerto Rico, we have been committed to giving back.
Banfield Foundation was launched in September of 2015 – born out of our belief that all pets deserve access to veterinary care. In just over a year, the foundation has awarded more than $1.7 million, impacting almost 70,000 pets in 41 states and Washington, D.C. And we’re just getting started!
From disaster relief, to veterinary assistance and pet advocacy grants, to sponsoring the American Veterinary Medical Association’s Reaching UP program, we’ve found ways to reach pets in need around the country. Now, we’re proud to share details of that impact with you.
Disaster Relief Grant
This grant program is for nonprofit animal welfare organizations and/or government agencies whose communities suffer the impact of natural or other disasters.
Grants will also be considered for organizations that have not been directly impacted by a disaster but are helping another organization in need such as the rescue and/or intake of animals.
Grant funding can be used for:
- Medical supplies and veterinary care treatment for pets
- Pet food, pet supplies, including crates, etc.
- Temporary shelter or boarding costs for rescued or at-risk pets
- Other immediately needed materials including cleaning supplies, tarps, bedding, blankets, etc. to keep pets safe and comfortable
- Transportation costs to rescue or relocate pets
- Other expenses related to providing temporary shelter for rescued pets including overtime salaries, rental equipment or facilities, cleanup costs, etc.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- All applicants must be nonprofit organizations with proof of 501(c)(3) status and running programs that deliver assistance to pets and their owners living in the United States.
- To qualify for Disaster Relief funding you must meet these guidelines for eligibility:
- Nonprofit or governmental agency, such as municipal or county animal control, with an animal welfare mission or a direct relationship with an animal welfare organization.
- Have been directly affected by a recent disaster or emergency situation and/or are assisting in an affected area.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the BF Disaster Relief Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.