Big Sur Relief Fund Grants
Community Foundation for Monterey County
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $50,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Monterey County, California
Location of residency: Monterey County, CaliforniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Community Foundation for Monterey County (CFMC) established the Big Sur Relief Fund in response to the need for relief and emergency assistance to individuals and families affected by the recent rain and storms. The storm damage has closed Big Sur businesses, roads and portions of Highway 1. Grants from this special purpose fund will support nonprofit organizations directly assisting local individuals and families who have been affected/displaced. The Foundation is working in close partnership with the Coast Property Owners Association to deploy resources where they are most needed.
Grants are considered for the following types of activities:
Funds may be provided to organizations providing immediate direct relief to individuals impacted by the recent rain and storms that have closed Big Sur businesses, roads and portions of Highway 1.
Some possible activities might include:
- Support for food, housing and immediate needs
- Monetary compensation to those displaced or affected by the closure of businesses/employment
- Assistance to individuals to “fill in gaps” due to the loss of employment caused by the closure of Big Sur businesses.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are open to 501(c)3 nonprofit organizations and other public agencies serving the community affected by the winter rain and storms.
- Businesses and individuals are not eligible at this time.
- Activities that are non-secular or promote a religious doctrine
- Academic or medical research
- Funding to schools and public agencies that would supplant tax-supported, mandated services
- Annual fundraising campaigns or events
- Creation of, or addition to, endowment funds
- Payment of debt or legal settlements
- Political or partisan purposes
- CFMC does not support organizations that discriminate in their employment practices, volunteer opportunities, or delivery of programs and services on the basis of race, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristics protected by law.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Big Sur Relief Fund Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.