Bigelow Foundation Grant
F. R. Bigelow Foundation
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next anticipated deadline: Jan 9, 2019 1:00pm PST
Later anticipated deadlines: Jul 10, 2019 1:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity Elementary / Secondary School College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in Minnesota: Dakota County, Ramsey County, Washington County
Location of residency: Counties in Minnesota: Dakota County, Ramsey County, Washington CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Bigelow Foundation Grant
The F. R. Bigelow Foundation is committed to improving the quality of life and opportunities for all in the Saint Paul area. We are a member of the Minnesota Council on Foundations and embrace the grantmaking principles for Minnesota grantmakers.
Primary Areas of interest
Connecting Through Creativity: The arts bring communities together. They help us understand the experiences of our neighbors and provide a creative outlet for learning. A strong arts community helps our region and its residents thrive.
Developing Deeper Connections: Our community needs strong social and economic connections to thrive. When we support our neighbors' personal and career development, we create a region where stable employment, a strong economy and equitable access are the norm.
Supporting East Metro students: Ensuring all students have access to the resources they need to grow and pursue career goals is an important facet of a healthy community. From early childhood education to college prep, the Foundation supports our region's young minds.
Investing In A Healthy Region: East Metro residents need sustainable health care to help them thrive in all areas of their lives. Helping specific communities meet their health care needs and providing services to underserved populations will result in a healthier region for us all.
Meeting Basic Needs: Caring for our neighbors' fundamental needs is essential. Creating a strong foundation for everyone to succeed requires stable access to food, housing and other support systems that affect our community's quality of life.
Applications considered for:
- Program expansions or special projects of a time limited nature.
- Support for established programs or organizations that have temporary or transitional operating needs.
- Start-up costs for promising new programs relevant to community needs.
- Funds to match contributions received from other sources or to leverage new or increased contributions.
- Capital projects that generate important economic impact for the community.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We only fund organizations that are recognized by the IRS as having 501(c)(3) status, educational or governmental units, or religious institutions.
- The F. R. Bigelow Foundation considers grant applications from nonprofit organizations and public entities with a particular emphasis on helping to initiate and sustain programs serving disadvantaged people and communities.
- Our primary geographic focus for grantmaking is the Greater Saint Paul metropolitan area, which includes Dakota, Ramsey and Washington counties, with a particular emphasis on serving people who live or work in the city of Saint Paul.
- We do not make grants directly to individuals.
- Applications not considered for:
- Regular annual operating support
- Sectarian religious programs
- Grants to individuals
- Medical research
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Bigelow Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.