Bigelow Foundation Grant
F. R. Bigelow FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next deadline: Jan 7, 2020 1:00pm PST
Later deadlines: Jul 7, 2020 1:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity Elementary / Secondary School College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in Minnesota: Dakota County, Ramsey County, Washington County
Location of residency: Counties in Minnesota: Dakota County, Ramsey County, Washington CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Bigelow Foundation Grant
The F. R. Bigelow Foundation is committed to improving the quality of life and opportunities for all in the Saint Paul area. We are a member of the Minnesota Council on Foundations and embrace the grantmaking principles for Minnesota grantmakers.
Primary Areas of interest
Strong Partnerships, strong community - Community Initiatives go beyond traditional grantmaking. Collaboration and strong partnerships are the hallmark of these multifaceted efforts. Community Initiatives allow the Foundation to support innovative and responsive programs that directly serve people in our community.
Connecting Through Creativity- Strengthening the arts & culture sector to serve all individuals and all communities across the region by supporting capacity building, capital projects and community programs.
Developing Deeper Connections - Building a strong and vital East Metro through community building, physical development and strengthening support for low-income individuals, families and underrepresented communities through workforce development and training.
Supporting East Metro students - Supporting under-served children, youth and young adults by investing in access to high-quality education and youth development both in and out of school from cradle to career.
Investing In A Healthy Region - Increasing health equity through quality, affordable, culturally-relevant services, particularly for low-income, uninsured, under-insured and socially marginalized individuals.
Meeting Basic Needs - Investing in basic needs for individuals and families, helping them be safe, stable and independent.
Applications considered for:
- Program expansions or special projects of a time limited nature.
- Support for established programs or organizations that have temporary or transitional operating needs.
- Start-up costs for promising new programs relevant to community needs.
- Funds to match contributions received from other sources or to leverage new or increased contributions.
- Capital projects that generate important economic impact for the community.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- We only fund organizations that are recognized by the IRS as having 501(c)(3) status, educational or governmental units, or religious institutions.
- The F. R. Bigelow Foundation considers grant applications from nonprofit organizations and public entities with a particular emphasis on helping to initiate and sustain programs serving disadvantaged people and communities.
- Our primary geographic focus for grantmaking is the Greater Saint Paul metropolitan area, which includes Dakota, Ramsey and Washington counties, with a particular emphasis on serving people who live or work in the city of Saint Paul.
- We do not make grants directly to individuals.
- Applications not considered for:
- Regular annual operating support
- Sectarian religious programs
- Grants to individuals
- Medical research
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Bigelow Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.