Bill Bishop Award
Quaternary Research Association (QRA)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £800
Anticipated deadline: Jan 15, 2021
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Conference, Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United Kingdom
Location of citizenship: United KingdomView website Save
The award is designed to provide support for field-based research in the subject of geology and related sciences in the fields of:
- Cenozoic stratigraphy, palaeoenvironments and chronology in relation to hominid evolution; and
- British Quaternary stratigraphy, palaeoenvironments and geomorphology.
One award will be made annually to a maximum value of £800 and can be used for any purpose deemed suitable by the Awards Panel.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- This award is open to registered full or part-time MPhil/PhD students.
- Typical claims might be to fund travel expenses to a field site or to hire equipment.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. It is not a requirement for applicants to be current members of the QRA, but any applicant accepting an award must join the Association at least for the duration of the research (one year minimum).
- Not open to 1-year MSc students, those taking a taught course or to undergraduates.
- The QRA will not consider retrospective applications, i.e. to support activities that will already have occurred prior the deadline date.
- In order to encourage well-planned and properly budgeted projects, the QRA will not consider applications for activities that will take place within 2 months of the deadline date.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Bill Bishop Award by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.