Keep Maryland Beautiful: Bill James Environmental Grants
Maryland Environmental TrustSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $1,000
Deadline: Nov 15, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Maryland
Location of residency: MarylandView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Maryland Environmental Trust in partnership with Maryland State Highway Administration and Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development (DHCD) presents Keep Maryland Beautiful grants. Grants through the Keep Maryland Beautiful (KMB) program help volunteer-based, nonprofit groups and communities develop environmental education projects, litter removal, and solve natural resource issues in urban and rural areas.
The Bill James Environmental Grants
Bill James IMGAre given in memory of William S. James who drafted legislation to create the Maryland Environmental Trust, incorporating the activities of the Governor's Committee to Keep Maryland Beautiful.
Born in Aberdeen, MD, in 1914, James studied law at the University of Maryland and practiced in Bel Air for 38 years.
As President of the Maryland Senate, Bill James was the principal architect of many of Maryland's most important environmental laws, including the tidal wetlands law, Program Open Space, and agricultural land preservation.
James was a man of vision who will not be forgotten for his contributions to the betterment of Maryland's environment.
The Bill James Environmental Grants are for proposed environmental education projects by school groups, science and ecology clubs, and other non-profit youth groups.
To encourage groups to initiate projects to stimulate understanding of or reduce environmental problems and to encourage a sense of stewardship for the environment.
- To encourage a sense of stewardship and personal responsibility for the environment.
- To stimulate a better understanding of environmental issues and to aid in the elimination or reduction of a local environmental problem.
- To encourage education about growth management - protection of rural areas and sensitive resources and discouragement of sprawling development patterns.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Bill James Environmental Grant is for proposed environmental education projects by school groups, science and ecology clubs, and other non-profit youth groups.
- Restrictions: For new projects.
- Restrictions: Not for acquisition or development.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Keep Maryland Beautiful: Bill James Environmental Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.