Biochemical Society: Diversity in Science Grant
Grant amount: Up to £1,000
Anticipated deadline: Oct 31, 2019
Applicant type: Organizations Nonprofit Indigenous Group Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Biochemical Society exists to promote biochemistry and the molecular
biosciences, and to represent the interests of all those working within
the sector. The Society recognizes that the discipline of
'biochemistry' encompasses the entire breadth of cellular and molecular
life sciences and this is reflected in the range of our activities. One
of our priorities is actively addressing the issues surrounding
fostering diversity in science, through increasing awareness of this
subject and promoting systems through which the surrounding issues can
be effectively addressed. The Biochemical Society believes that the
scientific workforce should reflect the make-up of UK society and thus
include fair representation from groups which have been traditionally
disadvantaged. Individuals from lower socio-economic backgrounds,
certain ethnic minorities, women, and people with disabilities are all
currently under-represented in education, training and employment
related to science.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications must be done through FluidReview. If you do not have a FluidReview account, you will need to set one up.Once you have signed up, you will receive an email with a link to follow in order to continue.By submitting an application, you declare that all the information you provide is true to the best of your knowledge.
- You confirm that the organisation(s) named are aware and supportive of this application and have given you the authority to use their name.
- In exceptional circumstances, at its discretion, the Society may also award for individual projects.
- As an international Learned Society we are happy to consider applications from outside of the United Kingdom.
- As part of your application, you will need
to demonstrate an understanding of the issues and challenges pertaining
to diversity in science and the effectiveness of the proposal to
address these issues and challenges.
- Potential uses for the grant include
events or activities to encourage diversity in science or research into
diversity within the science sector.
- Previous grant winners are not eligible to apply for a new grant if a report on the previous project hasn't been submitted by 1 September 2016.
- Multiple projects from the same lead partner.
- Projects duplicating existing research for which new research would not add value or insight.
- Any expenses incurred before receipt of an offer letter.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Biochemical Society: Diversity in Science Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.