Eric Reid Fund for Methodology
Biochemical SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £5,000
Deadline: Mar 20, 2020
Applicant type: Research Scientist Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Fund was endowed by a Trust (Guildford Academic Associates) co-founded by Dr Eric Reid, an Emeritus Member. The emphasis is on methodology, with a preference for cellular or bioanalytical work. Consideration will be given only to applications that are carefully compiled and scientifically convincing.
Examples of awards:
- Developing and applying a new technique
- Checking the application of a known technique in new circumstances
- Feasibility studies by new staff before they apply to a major award-granting body
How much is available?
- Up to £4,000 is available, this can be split between a student and consumables. Any additional funding sought for the proposed work from other sources should be mentioned in the application.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The purpose of the grant must be to set up or improve methodology, with appropriate validation.
- This allows trying out new ideas.
- The laboratory, and especially the applicant, should not already be involved in several projects.
- The submission must cite any existing support and any relevant fund-seeking (or approach to a company) that is pending or has been rejected, or which the proposed work might render feasible.
- The bid limit is £4,000 which can be split to cover a student as well as consumables. An applicant must cite any previous application to the Fund.4
- Applicants must be a current Early Career, Full or Emeritus member of the Biochemical Society at the closing date of the round applied to.
- Where a short-term stipend is sought, the person must be engaged in benchwork rather than writing-up; if it is for a student, the application should state whether the work would be done before the student’s final year. Bench expenditure may include special materials or minor capital items.
- Note: The Summer Vacation Studentships Scheme can also support vacation help, but the emphasis is different. The Eric Reid Fund emphasizes progress in methodology, and a student of any year (or just finished a degree course) may be supported for this
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicants must be a current Early Career, Full or Emeritus member of the Biochemical Society at the closing date of the round applied to.
- Funding will not be awarded in two consecutive years.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Eric Reid Fund for Methodology by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.