Biochemical Society: General Travel Grant
Grant amount: £300 - £750
Next deadline: Mar 1, 2018
Later deadlines: May 1, 2018, Jun 1, 2018, Jul 1, 2018, Sep 1, 2018, Nov 1, 2018, Jan 1, 2019
Applicant type: Unaffiliated Researcher Working Professional Faculty Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Biochemical Society offers a programme of grants supporting research, attendance at scientific conferences and the sponsorship of events.
training courses or lab visits to learn new techniques
However, applicants should note that most awards are between £300 and £500.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants need to provide an abstract that has been submitted to the conference, to demonstrate active participation.
- In the case of visits to other Laboratories to learn new techniques, please provide a summary of the intended work to be undertaken during the visit.
- Due to the high number of applications received for each reviewing round, it should be noted that the conference that the applicant wishes to attend must be more than 1 month after the closing date of the round applied to.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicants need to have been a member for at least the 12 months prior to the deadline on the closing date of the round applied to.
- The committee will look favourably on applications where other funding has been sort to fill any gap between the amount that is being requested and the funds required for the conference travel and attendance.
- If the conference takes place less than 1 month after the closing date then the application will be ineligible and will not be reviewed by the committee.
- Applicants must not have received one of the following Society grants in the two years before the closing date of the round applied to:
- General Travel Grants
- International Sponsored Place
- Visiting Fellowship
- Applicants must not have received one of the following Society grants in the 12 months before the closing date of the round applied to:
- Student Bursary
- Early Career Bursary or Full Member Bursary
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Biochemical Society: General Travel Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.