Sponsored Events Grants
Biochemical SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £500
Next deadline: Apr 1, 2020
Later deadlines: Aug 1, 2020, Jan 1, 2021, Feb 10, 2021
Applicant type: College / University Postdoctoral Researcher Graduate Student Undergraduate Student Faculty Research Scientist
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE:The deadline for support towards an independently organised scientific meeting (taking place after August 2020) is May, 4 2020. The deadline for support towards a single lecture or small event at your institution or company is, January 1, April 1, and August 1.
Sponsored Events Grants provide sponsorship of up to £500 to assist with the independent organization of scientific meetings, training events, single lectures or small events such as postgraduate research days.
Applications are considered in rounds throughout the year. Early applications are encouraged to allow for the review process to take place ahead of the start of the event (minimum six months for scientific meetings).
As a condition of the grant, the Society asks the recipient to:
- Badge the event, session or speaker as ‘sponsored by the Biochemical Society’
- Display Biochemical Society branded material, which will be provided
- Send a report for consideration for publication in The Biochemist and/or on the web, including photographs.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications for grants for scientific meetings are welcomed from any member of the scientific community, however please note that at least one member of the Programme Committee must be a Member of the Biochemical Society.
- For single lectures or small events, applicants must be a Postgraduate, Early Career, Full or Emeritus member of the Biochemical Society.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Applicants must be a member of the Biochemical Society.
- Application for sponsorship of relevant scientific meetings or events that are cross-institutional and regional and student-focused will be looked upon more favourably.
- Note that this fund does NOT support events for school students, which are covered under Scientific Outreach Grants.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Sponsored Events Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.