Biomedical Research Grants
San Antonio Area Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $30,000
Anticipated deadline: Dec 4, 2018 9:59pm PST
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit College / University
Funding uses: Biomedical
Location of project: Counties in Texas: Atascosa County, Bandera County, Bexar County, Blanco County, Comal County, Frio County, Gillespie County, Gonzales County, Guadalupe County, Karnes County, Kendall County, Kerr County, Medina County, Wilson County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Texas: Atascosa County, Bandera County, Bexar County, Blanco County, Comal County, Frio County, Gillespie County, Gonzales County, Guadalupe County, Karnes County, Kendall County, Kerr County, Medina County, Wilson County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Biomedical Research Grants
Grants are awarded on an annual basis in the areas of cancer, diabetes and heart disease.
Applications are evaluated on
- Originality and importance of the research
- Likelihood that the project can gain competitive funding nationally
- Project’s benefit to the San Antonio and South Texas community
- Capability of the investigator to complete the study
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Those eligible to submit applications include nonprofit organizations exempt from federal income tax under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, schools, churches or governmental bodies that serve Bexar and the following counties: Frio, Atascosa, Karnes, Wilson, Guadalupe, Gonzales, Comal, Blanco, Kendall, Gillespie, Kerr, Bandera and Medina.
- Biomedical Research grants are awarded in the following areas:
- Heart Disease
- Priority is given to:
- Junior investigators initiating pilot projects which, if funded, can be leveraged to gain additional national funding.
- Senior investigators seeking "bridge" funding or defining new directions for their laboratories
- Laboratories encompassing teaching components, inter-institutional collaborations or scientific inquiries of particular relevance to our South Texas population
- The area foundation does not fund:
- Debt reduction
- Operating deficits
- Travel and printing costs related to publication
- Any Principal Investigator who receives a Biomedical Research grant award in one year is not eligible to apply for the following three years.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Biomedical Research Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.