Biosocial Society Bursaries
The Biosocial Society
Grant amount: Up to £750
Next anticipated deadline: May 14, 2019 4:00am PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: Oct 15, 2019 4:00am PDT
Applicant type: Graduate Student
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Biosocial Society provides funds to help Masters and PhD students conduct research into the natural and social sciences.
The purpose of the Biosocial Society bursary scheme is to support financially, to the extent that funds permit, the work of postgraduate research students working for their degrees on biosocial topics. It is intended for use on fieldwork and other research expenses but not routine living costs.
The Biosocial Society bursary scheme is intended to provide a modest supplement to the postgraduate students’ normal research expenses grants, thereby adding extra value of some specific kind to their existing postgraduate work. It is not intended to substitute for any of the funding normally supplied by universities, research councils or other major funding bodies.
Amongst the criteria taken into account in the committee’s assessment of each application will be:
- substantive academic merit;
- value for money in budgetary terms;
- feasibility of the work proposed, including its realism about timing; and
- the extent to which the work is biosocial in character.
Applications must relate to research which will be in the future at the time of grant disbursal, i.e. a minimum of three months after the application deadline.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be members of the Society at the time of application, and must be concurrently enrolled for a postgraduate research degree (doctoral or research master’s) at a recognized university.
- There is no restriction as to nationality or residence status.
- It is intended for use on fieldwork and other research expenses.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- It is not intended for use on routine living costs.
- Following unsuccessful application, postgraduate research students may re-apply repeatedly to the Society’s bursary scheme while they remain eligible for it; but once they have received one grant under the scheme, they cease to be eligible for any further grants.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Biosocial Society Bursaries by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.