BBSRC: Responsive Mode Research Grants
Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research CouncilSuggest an update
Grant amount: £13,000 - £800,000
Next deadline: Jan 15, 2020 8:00am PST
Later deadlines: Apr 30, 2020 9:00am PDT, Oct 2, 2020 8:00am PDT
Applicant type: Research Scientist Doctor Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty College / University
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Responsive Mode Research Grants
We have a strong commitment to funding curiosity-led research and continue to advance excellent bioscience across our portfolio. You can submit research grant applications at any time for consideration by one of our Research Committees under our responsive mode scheme, on any topic within Our portfolio.
- Research Committee A – animal disease, health and welfare
- Research Committee B – plants, microbes, food and sustainability
- Research Committee C – genes, development and STEM* approaches to biology
- *Science Technology Engineering and Maths – Committee C will consider generic STEM approaches to biology; specific applications will be considered by the Committee providing the appropriate biological context
- Research Committee D – molecules, cells and industrial biotechnology
Responsive mode priorities
BBSRC has a set of Council-wide strategic priority areas, described in our Strategic Plan. The responsive mode priorities reflect topics or activities within these broader strategic areas that we particularly wish to encourage and promote. They are:
- Animal health
- Bioenergy: generating new replacement fuels for a greener, sustainable future
- Combatting antimicrobial resistance
- Data driven biology
- Food, nutrition and health
- Healthy ageing across the lifecourse
- Integrative microbiome research
- New strategic approaches to industrial biotechnology
- Reducing waste in the food chain
- The replacement, refinement and reduction (3Rs) in research using animals
- Sustainably enhancing agricultural production
- Synthetic biology
- Systems approaches to the biosciences
- Technology development for the biosciences
- Welfare of managed animals
There are three additional priorities that encourage working with partners to improve the effectiveness of research and the realisation of impact. They are not specific to particular areas of science or application.
We've imported the main document for this grant to give you an overview. You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Whilst we welcome applications across the whole of our remit, we particularly encourage proposals that pursue partnership in the areas of the responsive mode priorities.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the BBSRC: Responsive Mode Research Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.