Indigenous Grant for Bird Research and Conservation
BirdLife AustraliaSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to A $5,000
Anticipated deadline: May 31, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit Indigenous Group College / University Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Australia
Location of residency: AustraliaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Indigenous knowledge of native Australian birds, their life cycle and habitat needs is profound and has made a substantial contribution to the scientific study of birds in this country. With the creation of the Indigenous Grant for Bird Research and Conservation, BirdLife Australia wishes to acknowledge this contribution and facilitate the further engagement of Indigenous Australians in research and conservation of the native birds.
The Indigenous Grant for Bird Research and Conservation is focused on migratory birds and Important Bird and Biodiversity Areas. It will again focus on providing resources and training to Indigenous groups through facilitation of workshops in any or all of the following priority areas:
- Importnat Bird Area (IBA) Guardianship and Easter Health-check
- check bird identification and monitoring
- on-ground conservation
It is expected that two 5-day workshops will be held at the group's offices or in the field. Workshop grants are valued at $5000. BirdLife Australia will also make an in-kind contribution of $3000, making available BirdLife Australia Research and Conservation project staff to host and facilitate the workshop locally.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Indigenous rangers, community groups, schools, organisations and those who work directly with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander persons are warmly invited to apply.
- Workshop grants consist of provision of equipment such as binoculars and bird books worth $2000, supplied according to the specific project needs.
- Applications from groups planning to survey birds and habitat in Australia's Important Bird and Biodiversity Areas are particularly encouraged.
- There will be strong preference given to workshops supporting monitoring of shorebirds and establishing Guardians for IBAs.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Indigenous Grant for Bird Research and Conservation by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.