BISSELL Pet Foundation Partners Grants
Bissell Pet FoundationSuggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Mar 30, 2021 2:00pm PDT
Grant amount: Up to US $20,000
Fields of work: Animal Welfare - Domestic Animals & Pets
Applicant type: Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Project / Program
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save
About this funder:
BPF Grants Help You Do More
BISSELL Pet Foundation recognizes the lifesaving efforts of animal shelters and rescues of all sizes across the country. Grants will be considered for organizations working to reduce the homeless pet population through:
Bissell Pet Foundation Partners Grants
Beginning in 2018, BISSELL Pet Foundation will only fund organizations who microchip pets prior to adoption (this does not apply to TNR programs) and will not fund an organization that declaws cats prior to adoption.
Funding restrictions for BISSELL Pet Foundation Partners Grant include:
- Adoption Funding will cover up to $100 for dogs and $50 for cats.
- Spay/Neuter Funding is available up to $35 per dog spay/neuter and up to $25 for cat spay/neuter. Organizations are required to follow Banfield or Humane Alliance protocols including a minimum 24 hours of pain management.
- Veterinary Care Funding will be awarded for vaccinations at the time of intake as recommended by the American Animal Hospital Association and the American Association of Feline Practitioners. This includes Rabies, MLV or Recombinant Canine Distemper Virus, Adenovirus-2 and Parvovirus (DAPP), B. bronchiseptica + canine parainfluenza virus at up to $20 per dog; and rabies, FBRCP Feline Leukemia Virus (feLV) and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) up to $15 per cat.
- Microchip Funding will be given at a maximum cost of $4.95 per chip.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The organization must:
- Actively help to reduce the number of homeless animals in the community through spay neuter programs, microchipping, foster care and adoption
- Be a member in good standing of the BISSELL Partners for Pets (P4P) program for at least 6 months prior to submission of application which includes:
- Be incorporated as a nonprofit agency, recognized by the IRS as tax exempt under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3), and qualified to do business in the state or territory in which they are located, or be a public (local government) entity
- Be in operation for at least 1 year prior to applying for funding
- Operate and be located within the 50 United States
- PAST APPLICANTS
- Past Grant Recipients are eligible to re-apply for a BISSELL Pet Foundation Partners Grant two years after last funded
- Past Grant Recipients must be in compliance with all grant reporting requirements, including the submission of a final report
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Join Partners for Pets 6 months prior to applying for a grant. Follow all P4P requirements.
- BISSELL Pet Foundation will not fund the following activities and programs:
- Grant requests that exceed 10% of an organization’s operating budget;
- Indirect or ancillary costs of veterinarian care (e.g., transportation, gas cards, administrative fees, etc.);
- General operating expenses or overhead (e.g., payment of salaries or routine maintenance);
- Professional development for staff;
- Advertising (e.g., graphic design, printing, website development, etc.);
- Fuel for mobile clinics or animal transfer programs;
- Equipment purchases;
- Deficit reduction or operational deficiencies;
- Fundraising or special events;
- Capital campaigns and/or large building projects;
- Start-up costs;
- Grants to specific individuals or individual animals;
- Wildlife or marine life rehabilitation or rescue; and
- Political or lobbying activities.