BISSELL Pet Foundation Partners Grants
Bissell Pet Foundation
Grant amount: Up to US $20,000
Deadline: Nov 1, 2018
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: United States
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Bissell Pet Foundation
In 2011, tails were wagging everywhere when Cathy Bissell founded BISSELL Pet Foundation (BPF) as a natural extension of her love for animals and her commitment to their welfare. The foundation’s goal is to help reduce the number of animals in shelters and rescues, and to find a loving home for every pet. With the help of our generous supporters, BPF has awarded millions of dollars to our growing partner network of animal welfare organizations and has impacted the lives of an incalculable number of pets.
BISSELL Pet Foundation exists to assist animal welfare organizations. This includes helping to reduce the number of animals in shelters and rescues through pet adoption, spay/neuter programs, microchipping and foster care.
Funding Restrictions for BISSELL Pet Foundation Partners Grant
- Adoption Funding is awarded for support of low-cost adoption events and programs up to $135 per dog and $70 per cat.
- Spay/Neuter Funding is available at $50 per dog spay/neuter and $35 for cat spay/neuter. Organizations must follow Humane Alliance protocols and provide required supporting information on the application.
- Microchip Funding will be given for Found Animals microchips (Datamars) at a cost of $4.95 per chip.
- Veterinary Care Funding will be awarded for vaccinations, heartworm treatment, FeLV/FIV testing, deworming, bloodwork, dental, and emergency medical needs up to $200 per dog and $100 per cat.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The organization must:
- Be incorporated as a nonprofit agency, recognized by the IRS as tax exempt under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3), and qualified to do business in the state or territory in which they are located, or be a public (local government) entity
- Be in operation for at least 1 year prior to applying for funding
- Operate and be located within the 50 United States
- Actively help to reduce the number of homeless animals in the community through spay neuter programs, microchipping, foster care and adoption
- Be a member in good standing of the BISSELL Partners for Pets (P4P) program for at least 3 months prior to submission of application
- BISSELL Pet Foundation will only fund organizations who microchip pets prior to adoption (this does not apply to TNR programs)
- Past Applicants:
- Past Grant Recipients are eligible to re-apply for the BISSELL Pet Foundation Partners Grant funding 2 years after the submission of the accepted grant application
- Past Grant Recipients must submit a final grant report prior to applying for future funding
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Be a member in good standing of the BISSELL Partners for Pets (P4P) program for at least 3 months prior to submission of application.
- BISSELL Pet Foundation will not fund an organization that declaws cats prior to adoption.
- BISSELL Pet Foundation will not fund the following activities and programs:
- Grant requests that exceed 10% of an organization’s operating budget;
- Indirect or ancillary costs of veterinarian care (e.g., transportation, gas cards, administrative fees, etc.);
- General operating expenses or overhead (e.g., payment of salaries or routine maintenance);
- Professional development for staff;
- Advertising (e.g., graphic design, printing, website development, etc.);
- Fuel for mobile clinics or animal transfer programs;
- Equipment purchases;
- Deficit reduction or operational deficiencies;
- Fundraising or special events;
- Capital campaigns and/or large building projects;
- Start-up costs;
- Grants to specific individuals or individual animals;
- Wildlife or marine life rehabilitation or rescue; and
- Political activities.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the BISSELL Pet Foundation Partners Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.