Jacob and Hilda Blaustein Foundation: Human Rights Grant Program
Blaustein Philanthropic GroupSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $200,000
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building, Capital Project
Location of project: Preferred: Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Angola, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Belarus, Belize, Benin, Bhutan, Bolivia, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Botswana, Brazil, Bulgaria, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, China, Colombia, Comoros, Congo, Congo, The Democratic Republic Of The, Costa Rica, Cuba, Côte D'Ivoire, Djibouti, Dominica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Egypt, El Salvador, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Fiji, Gabon, Gambia, Georgia, Ghana, Grenada, Guatemala, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Guyana, Haiti, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Iran, Islamic Republic Of, Iraq, Jamaica, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kenya, Kiribati, Korea, Democratic People's Republic Of, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People's Democratic Republic, Lebanon, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Macedonia, the Former Yugoslav Republic Of, Madagascar, Malawi, Malaysia, Maldives, Mali, Marshall Islands, Mauritania, Mauritius, Mayotte, Mexico, Micronesia, Federated States Of, Moldova, Republic of, Mongolia, Montenegro, Morocco, Mozambique, Myanmar, Namibia, Nepal, Nicaragua, Niger, Nigeria, Pakistan, Palau, Palestine, State of, Panama, Papua New Guinea, Paraguay, Peru, Philippines, Romania, Russian Federation, Rwanda, Saint Lucia, Saint Vincent And The Grenadines, Samoa, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Serbia, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sri Lanka, Sudan, Suriname, Swaziland, Syrian Arab Republic, Tajikistan, Tanzania, United Republic of, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Togo, Tonga, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, Tuvalu, Uganda, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Vanuatu, Venezuela, Bolivarian Republic of, Vietnam, Yemen, Zambia, Zimbabwe, American Samoa Other eligible locations: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Jacob and Hilda Blaustein Foundation promotes social justice and human rights through its five program areas: Jewish life, strengthening Israeli democracy, health and mental health, educational opportunity, and human rights. Support is provided to organizations in the United States and abroad.
The Foundation supports organizations that promote systemic change, involve constituents in planning and decision-making, encourage volunteer and professional development and engage in ongoing program evaluation.
Human Rights Program Area
The goal of this program is to advance fundamental human rights.
The Foundation seeks to:
- advance women’s rights
- protect the rights of refugees and asylum seekers
- support leadership development, capacity building and training across a range of issue areas
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grantees must be nonprofit organizations with tax exempt status under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code, and organized and operated for charitable purposes.
- Organizations with fiscal sponsors are also eligible to apply.
- With the exception of its program in Israel, the Foundation generally makes grants to organizations based in the United States whose work addresses the rights of people in the Global South. It is rare for the Foundation to make a grant for a specific project or organization outside of the United States.
- The foundations make a limited number of capital grants, generally only when there is a prior relationship with the applicant organization.
- The Foundation generally does not provide support for individual public, parochial or independent schools.
- The foundations do not provide support for:
- Grants or scholarships to individuals
- Unsolicited proposals for academic, scientific or medical research
- Direct mail, annual giving, membership campaigns, special events, fundraising events
- Suggest an update
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Jacob and Hilda Blaustein Foundation: Human Rights Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.