New Horizons Grant Program
Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Next deadline: Mar 1, 2019 2:30pm PST
Later deadlines: May 31, 2019 2:00pm PDT, Aug 30, 2019 2:00pm PDT, Nov 29, 2019 2:00pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Education / Outreach
Location of project: Louisiana
Location of residency: LouisianaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
About New Horizons Grants
The Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana Foundation recognizes the need to foster innovation as means of improving health and wellbeing in Louisiana. Through this program, we hope to encourage a research-based and scientific approach to philanthropy through testing ideas and seeing what works. The first step in that process is challenging the status quo with new ideas.
Our goal is to find exciting, emerging ideas and social startups that have the potential to disrupt negative trends in health, education and other issues that directly impact quality of life for Louisianians. A successful New Horizons project may make changes in policies, norms practices and social supports; it may also be a new pilot intervention, plan or approach to solving an existing issue.
Grants help pilot innovative, proof of concept projects aimed at improving the health and wellbeing of Louisianians
Grants up to $10,000 are made in support of projects that take less than one year to complete
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The New Horizons grant program is for new, experimental ideas. Grants are given to promote innovation by funding brand new pilot projects through their first year.
- You should apply for a New Horizons grant if:
- You have a narrow, specific problem you’re trying to solve; AND
- You are presenting a new and innovative approach to solving that issue.
- All New Horizons applications must:
- Explain how your proposal is a new, innovative approach to solving the problem you have identified above; AND
- Explain how you are substantially revising or altering an existing best practice, such that your proposal represents a new approach.
- All organizations applying for grants or sponsorships must:
- Be designated a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization by the IRS.
- We only give to nonprofit organizations working for charitable, religious, scientific, literary and other organizations under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3).
- Be registered “in good standing” with the Louisiana Secretary of State.
- All organizations must be up-to-date on their filings with the Louisiana Secretary of State.
- You can find more information here.
- Be domiciled in Louisiana.
- We only make gifts to organizations who are based in Louisiana and working for the welfare of Louisianians
- We do not fund New Horizons proposals for the following:
- Existing programs or ongoing organizational support
- Existing best practices support
- Replicating or expanding a program or approach that already exists.
- In addition, neither Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana or its Foundation makes grants or sponsorships to the following under any circumstances:
- Providers in any Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana, HMO or other affiliate networks – per state and federal regulations
- Programs or events outside of Louisiana
- Organizations that are not tax-exempt
- Political campaigns, candidates, parties or partisan activities
- Sectarian, denominational or religious organizations for support of theological functions
- Athletes or athletic teams
- Beauty pageants
- Direct funding of labor, fraternal or veterans’ organizations
- Students raising funds for travel to an out-of-state competition
- Parent-teacher organizations
- Organizations that are in direct competition with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana
- Organizations or causes that do not complement our goals for corporate social responsibility
- Providers on contract with Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the New Horizons Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.