BCBSMS Foundation Grant
Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Community Health Education School Health Wellness & Healthy Living Nutrition & Healthy Eating
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Mississippi
Location of residency: MississippiView website Save
About this funder:
The Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi Foundation is working to build a healthy Mississippi. A healthy Mississippi is a place where health and wellness is the foundation for our schools, communities, colleges and universities and our entire culture. It's where healthy, active kids learn the importance of good health and lifestyle habits at school each day. It's communities of active residents exercising in parks and enjoying healthy produce from the local community garden or Farmers' market. And it is a place where our state's colleges and universities offer health screenings to students and local community members.
This is the vision of the Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi Foundation. We're working to make this vision a reality each and every day through targeted funding and grant making throughout the state, focusing on health and wellness initiatives to support our schools, communities, colleges and universities.
Take a look around and see the positive changes taking shape. School kids are getting back to the basics with fitness through playground-based and comprehensive PE programs. Colleges and universities are taking a creative approach to engage students and community members with health education. And our Healthy Hometown Program is inspiring cities across the state to make wellness a priority in their town.
Mississippi has a bright and healthy future, and the Blue Cross & Blue Shield of Mississippi Foundation is committed to making our vision a reality for each and every Mississippian.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- To be eligible for funding consideration from the Foundation, an organization must meet the following guidelines:
- Be located in Mississippi
- Benefit the citizens of Mississippi
- Serve the community with no discrimination by age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation or disability
- Not duplicate or significantly overlap the work of public agencies
- Be a 501(c)(3) charitable organization (but not a private foundation) and provide proof of such current designation in the form of an IRS determination letter, or government entity or public charity
- The Foundation does not provide funding for the following:
- Projects that are not directly focused on addressing the health and wellness of citizens of Mississippi
- Denominational or religious organizations
- Political caucuses, candidates or campaigns
- Special occasion or commemorative advertising, i.e. journals or dinner programs, unless part of an overall sponsorship effort
- Hospitals or hospital building funds, unless part of a 501(c)(3) charitable branch of a hospital
- College alumni associations, or high school or college sports teams or events