BRCFSC Community Grants
Blue River Community Foundation of Shelby County
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next anticipated deadline: Apr 1, 2019 (Letter of inquiry)
Later anticipated deadlines: May 1, 2019 2:00pm PDT (Full proposal), Aug 1, 2019 (Letter of inquiry), Sep 1, 2019 2:00pm PDT (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Shelby County, Indiana
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
- Social Service, and
- civic programs/projects.
- at risk youth or abused and neglected youth,
- persons with disabilities
Grant applications are encouraged for projects that include one or more of the following components:
- Anticipation of the changing needs of the community and flexibility in responding to those needs.
- Problem solving ideas for established and documented needs. Emphasis will be on seed money or pilot projects.
- Encouragement of participation of other contributions by using matching challenges and other grant techniques.
- Careful coordination with other sources of funding such as the government, other foundations and associations, and/or private contributions.
- Inducement to grant recipients to achieve capacity building objectives such as increased efficiency, increased fundraising, delivery of better products, etc.
- Demonstration of an appropriate ratio between dollar amount of request and number of people who will benefit.
- An appropriate funding match between the grantee and the Blue River Foundation versus more compatible sources of funding.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only projects benefiting the residents of Shelby County will be considered.
- Organizations must have adequate accounting procedures in order to be considered for grants.
- Organizations without 501(c)3 designation must show documentation of charitable purpose.
- The Blue River Foundation does not make grants for:
- Projects or programs not serving Shelby County residents.
- Individuals, except in the form of scholarships. Contact the Foundation for information regarding scholarships. They use a separate process from grants.
- Unless the Foundation is conducting a special program, grants are not made to create or augment organizational endowments or to annual campaign drives.
- Religious organizations, unless a non-sectarian need will be met and the project does not promote the teachings of a particular church or denomination.
- Projects which are considered part of a regular school curriculum.
- Travel for educational or other purposes.
- Political campaigns or to support attempts to influence legislation of any governmental body other than through making available the results of nonpartisan analysis, study and research.
- Generally, grants will not be made for programs and/or equipment which were committed to prior to the grant application being submitted.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the BRCFSC Community Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.