BlueCross Healthy Places Program
BlueCross BlueShield of Tennessee Health FoundationSuggest an update
Next deadline: Aug 31, 2021
Later deadlines: May 1, 2022
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Parks & Public Spaces
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity, Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Project / Program, Capital Project
Location of project: Tennessee
Location of residency: TennesseeView website Save
About this funder:
Our Health Foundation's focus is helping create active, healthy spaces across Tennessee that connect people and foster a sense of community.
About Your Organization
We work with both government entities and non-profit organizations to create and revitalize their public spaces. Organizations must comply with our non-discrimination policy and be able to demonstrate successful experience implementing large-scale civic projects.
About Your Proposal
We want to create spaces that bring communities together, so your proposed project must:
- Be free and open to the public.
- Demonstrate a community benefit and include community input.
- Commit to seeking community engagement throughout the planning and development process.
- Include a project implementation timeline and budget, along with a sustainability plan.
- Agree to exclusive BlueCross Healthy Place branding and naming rights.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Those guidelines help show the types of projects we’ll prioritize, but it’s also important to know what we are unable to provide funds for. Here are some examples:
- Purchasing land
- Private clubs or property
- Religious programming
- Individual schools
- Staffing pay
- Co-branded projects