BMC Expedition Grant
British Mountaineering CouncilSuggest an update
Grant amount: Approximately £5,000
Next anticipated deadline: Nov 1, 2019
Later anticipated deadlines: Mar 1, 2020
Applicant type: Individuals Organizations
Funding uses: Project / Program
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Africa, Americas, Antarctica, Asia, Oceania, Eastern Europe, Southern Europe, Western Europe, Denmark, Estonia, Faroe Islands, Finland, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Norway, Sweden Show all
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants will be available only to those climbers on the expedition who are BMC members (either as a BMC Individual Member or as a member of a BMC affiliated club).
- Expeditions should have significant and innovative ascents as their main objectives.
- The track record of expedition members must show real commitment to climbing/mountaineering, and this should be reflected in their individual climbing standard.
- Expeditions consisting of younger members for whom the trip would represent a significant personal development will also be considered for funding, irrespective of climbing standard.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member. Grants will be available only to those climbers on the expedition who are BMC members (either as a BMC Individual Member or as a member of a BMC affiliated club).
- Grant support will be focused primarily on younger climbers/mountaineers and those for whom the grant would make a significant difference to the viability of their trip.
- Grants are not available for commercial expeditions and should not be used in situations involving fee-paying clients.
- Expeditions or individuals who fail to observe the conditions attached to a grant may find themselves deemed ineligible for further support.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the BMC Expedition Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.