Bonner County Fund for Arts Enhancement
Idaho Community Foundation (ICF)Suggest an update
Anticipated deadline: Apr 30, 2021
Grant amount: Up to US $10,000
Fields of work: Art Education Music Education Arts / Culture Access & Participation
Applicant type: Indigenous Group, Government Entity, Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Bonner County, Idaho
Location of residency: Bonner County, IdahoView website Save
About this funder:
About the Bonner County Fund for Arts Enhancement
The Bonner County Fund for Arts Enhancement was created to enhance the arts in Bonner
County by providing funds either to develop a community education component of existing arts programs or to help fund new arts programs whose major emphasis includes a strong educational focus.
Grants are limited to programs that are committed to providing more than just entertainment. Eligible programs will focus on demonstrating how the arts encourage creative thinking and critical thinking, stimulate economic vitality and enhance the quality of life in a community. Also encouraged are programs that place the development of a particular art form in the cultural, economic, and/or political environment in which it was created. The entire range of what is commonly considered “the arts” can receive a grant from this fund, including performance art, visual art, and the literary arts. Lecture series and seminars aimed at the general community also qualify.
In 2018, over $30,000 is available to be awarded in grants. Grants up to $10,000 will be considered. Although in extreme or emergency circumstances, this limit may be waived by the fund advisors.
The advisors to the Fund will consider grant requests for activities and projects that:
- Reach a broad segment of the community or school population
- Focus on providing information, education, and programs designed to increase awareness of the importance of understanding the arts as an integral part of a vital community
- Celebrate the value of artistic diversity for the quality of life in Bonner County
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Organizations and entities located in Bonner County that meet one of the three following criteria:
- Organizations with a 501c3 non profit status under IRS code 170
- Public educational institutions
- Government entities including local governments and libraries
- Occasionally the Arts Enhancement Fund will fund projects initiated by organizations that do not have federal tax-exempt status. However, the organization must secure a federally qualified exempt sponsor.
- Applications will be favored if they include the following features:
- Collaboration with other community groups
- Provision of matching or in-kind funds
- Project sustainability
- Meeting an urgent or ongoing community need
- Adding an educational component to existing arts programs
- Letters indicating community support
- Projects ineligible for funding include:
- Projects that benefit a private individual
- Capital projects
- General operating expenses such as salaries, benefits, or general organizational budget items
- Fund raising projects
- Travel for individuals
- Attendance at conferences
- Political activities or those designed to influence legislation
- Religious organizations for the sole purpose of furthering that religion
- Grants to individuals
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”