Bushrod H. Campbell and Adah F. Hall Charity Fund Grant
Hemenway & Barnes LLPSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $10,000
Next deadline: Jan 15, 2020 2:00pm PST
Later deadlines: Apr 15, 2020 2:00pm PDT, Aug 15, 2020 2:00pm PDT, Oct 15, 2020 2:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Nonprofit College / University Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Counties in Massachusetts: Essex County, Middlesex County, Norfolk County, Suffolk County
Location of residency: Counties in Massachusetts: Essex County, Middlesex County, Norfolk County, Suffolk CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Hemenway & Barnes LLP provides administrative oversight of The Bushrod H. Campbell and Adah F. Hall Charity Fund, which makes grants for programs targeting the needs of elderly, infirm, homeless, as well as for programs addressing issues related to education, social justice and economic opportunity. Grants, except those related to reproductive health, are focused on programs in the Boston area. A foundation administrator from Hemenway & Barnes' philanthropic advisory services provides support to the trustees and manages the grant application and distribution process. The Fund's endowment is invested through the Hemenway & Barnes Trust Department. Arthur B. Page and Nancy B. Gardiner from Hemenway & Barnes serve as trustees and provide fiduciary and programmatic oversight over the Fund, in conjunction with their fellow trustee George Beal.
The Fund’s areas of interest include organizations and/or projects supporting:
- aid to the elderly
- education for underserved youth
- social services for vulnerable populations
- reproductive health
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicant organizations must be exempt from federal tax under Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and not a private foundation within the meanings of section 509(a) of the Code.
- The Fund’s grantmaking is limited to organizations with compelling need in greater Boston, which is defined as the cities and towns that fall within Route 128 as far north as Lynn and as far south as Quincy.
- The Trustees are interested in supporting organizations and projects for which a grant of this size can have a meaningful impact.
- The Fund does not typically support direct medical care or public policy advocacy.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Bushrod H. Campbell and Adah F. Hall Charity Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.