Bothin Foundation Grant
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $50,000
Next anticipated deadline: Jun 29, 2018 5:00pm PDT
Later anticipated deadlines: Nov 16, 2018 5:00pm PST, Feb 9, 2019 5:00pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Capital Project
Location of project: Counties in California: Marin County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County, Sonoma County
Location of residency: Counties in California: Marin County, San Francisco County, San Mateo County, Sonoma CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Bothin Foundation helps to build the capacity of nonprofits with grants for durable capital investments. The foundation makes capital grants to social service, education, arts, and environmental nonprofit organizations that provide direct services to:
- disadvantaged children and youth (ages 0 to 24),
- low-income families, and
- people with disabilities.
The foundation also supports K-12 schools exclusively serving children with learning differences.
Examples of capital grants include:
- building improvements,
- vehicle requests,
- program equipment, and
- technology needs.
- Priority is given to durable capital investments that directly impact clients, and projects that have an immediate need and/or are time sensitive.
- Priority is given to direct service organizations serving at least 50% low-income clients (exception: programs that serve those with disabilities; disability status and low-income status are given equal weight).
- Proposed capital projects should be completed within 12 months of receiving a grant. Please keep this timeline in mind when considering the best time to apply for a grant.
- For technology grants, the foundation prioritizes requests to purchase equipment that will be used by program participants. Technology grants to support an organization’s infrastructure (e.g., servers, computers for staff use, phone systems) are generally one-time grants.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are made to public charities operating under an IRS 501(c)(3) status or fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3) organization.
- Grants are made exclusively to organizations serving the residents of San Francisco, Marin, Sonoma, and San Mateo counties.
- The foundation will consider grant applications from the same organization only after three full years have elapsed since the last grant.
- Grants are not made to individuals, religious organizations (except for non-sectarian programs), or K-12 schools that do not exclusively serve children with learning differences and developmental disabilities.
- The foundation does not award grants for website development projects or software.
- The foundation generally does not fund hospitals. Occasionally, it will make exceptions for public and county hospitals and community clinics.
- The foundation does not fund endowment drives, events, general operating expenses, annual appeals, videos, medical research, or scholarships.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Bothin Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.