Brainerd Lakes Area Response and Recovery Grants
CommunityGivingSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $5,000
Fields of work: Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Community Services
Applicant type: Government Entity, Indigenous Group, Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: Counties in Minnesota: Cass County, Crow Wing County
Location of residency: MinnesotaView website Save
About this funder:
NOTE: No deadline; ongoing. Applications will be reviewed on a weekly basis starting April 2, 2020
We understand and share the concerns of our communities, our donors, volunteers, staff and their families as the COVID-19 pandemic has deeply affected organizations and the people they serve. The purpose of the response and recovery fund is to support efforts addressing the impact of COVID-19 on our neighbors, but also financial resiliency and recovery of organizations as they transition back to fulfilling their core mission in serving our communities. The application under the response and recovery fund is more encompassing and focuses on the infrastructure, leadership and financials of the applicant.
- Operating support for organizations with proven economic loss and a demonstrated need as a result of the declared disaster (COVID-19) with documented reduction in revenues.
- Organizations addressing community needs resulting from COVID-19.
- Eligible organizations are limited to those who were financially stable prior to COVID-19 as indicated on financial statements.
- A high value is placed on our community partners to maintain a strong, viable community; therefore, it is our desire to support requests that are committed to remain in service over the next year as described in the applicant’s projected financials and/or sustainability plan.
- Grant considerations are favorable for organizations that are committed to diversity, inclusion and equity and supporting vulnerable populations within the geographic focus area.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible Organizations:
- 501(c)3 Nonprofit Organizations
- Government entities
- Geographic Area: Grant must serve residents of
- Crow Wing County
- Southern Cass County
- What We Don't Fund
- Religious organizations for religious purposes
- Political organizations or political campaigns
- Annual fundraising drives
- Debt retirement or deficit financing
- Payment for expenses already incurred
- Scholarships or medical research
- Grants for travel or conferences