Encova Foundation of West Virginia Grants
Encova Foundation of West VirginiaSuggest an update
Next deadline: Dec 31, 2020
Later deadlines: Mar 30, 2021, Jun 30, 2021, Sep 30, 2021
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Health & Medicine Youth Services Occupational Health & Safety Education Art & Culture
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Research, Capital Project, General Operating Expense, Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Preferred: West Virginia Other eligible locations: Alabama, Arkansas, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia (US state), Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin Show all
Location of residency: Preferred: West Virginia Other eligible locations: Alabama, Arkansas, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia (US state), Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island, South Carolina, Tennessee, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia, Wisconsin Show allView website Save
About this funder:
At Encova, we believe our success is dependent on how we conduct ourselves in the marketplace; that includes our commitment to not only corporate interests, but also to those that promote the quality of life in the communities we serve. The Encova Foundation of West Virginia can help to fund local non-profits and other institutions in communities where Encova has a meaningful presence.
The Encova Foundation of West Virginia exists to invest in and realize Encova’s corporate responsibility to support the well-being of local and regional communities where Encova and its subsidiaries conduct business.
The Encova Foundation of West Virginia serves primarily the state of West Virginia but will consider, on a limited basis, applications from the footprint in which Encova writes insurance.
However, the Foundation Board recognizes that not all organizations and projects directly cover any one specific region or state.
In order to focus our resources on projects that we feel can make a significant impact, we have created a listing of initiatives most closely connected with the company’s goals and identity. As such, the Encova Foundation of West Virginia will support a variety of organizations, projects, programs and/or events, provided that they fall under one of the following priorities:
We firmly believe that safety is an asset, not an expense. The benefits of having a safe workplace are endless: companies can save money and maximize returns on their investments by reducing accident expenses.
Community Arts and Education
We are proud to celebrate and promote the strength and excellence of the many art and education organizations within our region’s communities.
We are committed to help cultivate a sound foundation for our community leaders of tomorrow.
Supporting a healthier quality of life for all citizens allows companies and organizations to perform to maximum capabilities, thereby increasing output, morale and so on.
In addition to the above priorities, we ask the following of our applicants:
- That your project, initiative or event be well defined and specifically outlined in your request .
- That your project, initiative or event promote significant and lasting effects in your region or community.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- When an organization applies for a grant through the Encova Foundation of West Virginia, the group must show that the organization is based in the United States and is classified as legitimate through the federal government with a verifiable tax identification number.
- Special consideration will be given to applications that may not fall within state lines, provided the results affect one or more of the above-mentioned areas.
- Please be aware that the Encova Foundation of West Virginia will not consider donations to the following:
- National fundraising campaigns
- Political, labor, fraternal, military or religious organizations or initiatives
- Organizations that practice discrimination by race, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, origin, disability, veteran status, military status or other factors
- Requests by mass mailing to generic addresses