Community Giving (New Jersey Locations): Science & Technology Education
Predicted deadline: Apr 1, 2022
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: STEM Education
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Government Entity, College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Counties in New Jersey: Hunterdon County, Mercer County, Middlesex County
Location of residency: Counties in New Jersey: Hunterdon County, Mercer County, Middlesex County
Supporting Our Communities
We care deeply about the communities where we live and work. That’s why we support programs and organizations that address unmet medical needs, help students grow through STEM education, and deliver basic human services to our neighbors.
Improving Science Education
Because today’s students will discover tomorrow’s medicines, we’re committed to improving science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) studies in schools and community organizations.
Science and technology are at the core of everything we do. We're always eager to open young minds to the exciting possibilities of both. Through grants and other programs, we've introduced students to genetics, robotics, engineering, alternative energy, and environmental science. Our employees also serve on advisory boards at career academies and two- and four-year colleges.
We're improving science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) education in the communities where our employees work and live.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Our Community Giving Program accepts applications from IRS-qualified 501 (c)(3) non-profit organizations whose mission and programs are consistent with our areas of philanthropic interest, and which serve communities in the United States where our employees live and work.
- Tax-exempt organizations including hospitals, government institutions and schools that serve our local communities also may apply.
- Bristol-Myers Squibb accepts community giving requests from organizations located near these locations in the continental United States:
- Hopewell, New Jersey
- New Brunswick, New Jersey
- Plainsboro, New Jersey
- Lawrenceville, New Jersey
- West Windsor, New Jersey
- The Community Giving program gives preference to requests to support programs that will have a direct impact on our communities rather than fundraising galas and other requests for general assistance.
- We do not support these types of requests and organizations:
- Funding to support a specific individual’s scholarship, fellowship or fundraising goals. We only accept requests from organizations.
- Wish-granting campaigns
- Salaries for health care providers or administrative staff
- Political, lobbying, fraternal or social organizations
- Religious organizations whose activities are primarily sectarian in purpose
- Organizations that discriminate on the basis or race, gender, creed, culture, age, national origin, physical disability, sexual orientation, or status as a military veteran
- Loans or "life line" support for general operating expenses