British Academy Rising Star Engagement Awards (BARSEA)
The British AcademySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £15,000
Deadline: Dec 12, 2019 9:00am PST
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Conference, Education / Outreach
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: United Kingdom
Location of citizenship: United Kingdom
Degree requirements: Applicants must be within a few years of receiving their PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The British Academy has been a significant source of support for Early Career Researchers in the Humanities and Social Sciences for more than 25 years. The Academy aims to extend that support to a broader cohort of scholars who will actively engage in the life and work of the Academy by encouraging and enabling participation of a wide range of early career researchers in events, training, mentoring, public engagement and policy engagement.
BARSEA scheme is specifically to offer an opportunity for early career researchers who have established their academic credentials and want to enhance their own skills and career development by playing a leading part in enabling the engagement of others through the organisation of engagement events, training, and mentoring activities for a wide range of other early career researchers. The awards are for one year, from March 2016.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applications are invited from early career scholars within 10 years of the award of their doctorate, and ordinarily resident in the United Kingdom.
- Candidates must also be able to demonstrate their academic credentials to be leaders in research through suitable marks of esteem awarded prior to the submission of the application.
- Applicants are required to have a Fellow of the British Academy (FBA) to champion their candidacy.
- The FBA Champion’s support is an endorsement of both the applicant and the proposed project.
- The Academy is unable to assist applicants in procuring an FBA Champion. ( See more details on the role of the FBA Champion here )
- Eligible costs include:
- travel and accommodation for speakers at events
- room hire and related catering costs
- costs associated with preparation of fliers
- programmes, and publicity for the event more generally, costs associated with online dissemination of information, including the audio and/or visual recording of events
- costs of research/clerical assistance to cover the organisational requirements of the event
- and costs associated with the analysis of feedback from participants and preparation of
suitable reports on the event
- Please note – this scheme is NOT an offer to enable a scholar to undertake research.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the British Academy Rising Star Engagement Awards (BARSEA) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.