BES Outreach Grants
British Ecological Society (BES)Suggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £2,000
Anticipated deadline: Sep 9, 2020 9:00am PDT
Applicant type: Individuals Organizations
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The British Ecological Society encourages its members and others to promote ecological science to a wide audience. To this end, we offer Outreach Grants of up to £2,000.Outreach Grants are meant to support projects where objectives are aimed at a non-academic audience and provide a clear demonstration of direct interaction with the public. The Society supports projects that:
- Increase public understanding of, and engagement with, ecology.
- Stimulate discussion about ecology and its implications for society.
- Inspire and enthuse people of all ages about the science of ecology, especially those not previously interested.
- Develop skills in communicating the science of ecology.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Society defines ecology as the scientific study of the distribution, abundance and dynamics of organisms, their interactions with other organisms and their physical environment. It is therefore essential that applications promote and engage the public with the science of ecology.
- Awards are open to individuals and organisations to organise public engagement events in ecology. This includes, but is not limited to, members of the BES, researchers, schools, museums, libraries and community groups.
- Applications from museums and schools are welcome but projects must involve significant outreach beyond schools.
- The maximum award is £2,000. However, the award may be used as part-funding for larger projects involving other sponsors.
- Grants will not be awarded for purely nature conservation purposes or any activity that does not promote the science of ecology.
- Projects aimed solely at delivering curriculum to school children will not be considered.
- Applications will not be considered for:
- Staff salaries (one off costs that are relevant to completing the event e.g. sub-contracting for logo design, will be considered as long as these are justified in your application).
- Purchase of apparatus, including computers, cameras etc., unless these are integral to the application.
- Training courses that are not associated with developing skills in communicating the science of ecology for a public facing audience e.g. specific skills training courses for academics are not eligible for funding.
- Academic meetings
- Closed meetings
- Failure to submit a satisfactory report at the end of a grant will mean the grantee is ineligible to apply for further grants.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the BES Outreach Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.