Maitland Emmet BENHS Research Fund and Grants
British Entomological and Natural History SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £1,000
Anticipated deadline: Dec 1, 2019
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: United Kingdom
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Society invites applications for grants from its Research Fund. Awards are open to both members and non-members of BENHS and will be made to support research on insects and other invertebrates with reference to the British Fauna, and with an emphasis on:
- field work on insects or other invertebrates with relevance to their conservation
- work leading to the production of identification guides and distribution lists.
The work and travel is not limited to the British Isles but must have a demonstrable relevance to the British fauna. Travel to examine museum collections and to consult taxonomic specialists would be included.
Successful applicants are required to provide a report to the BENHS within 6 months of the project’s completion, including high resolution JPEG images for use on the Society’s website. Publication of an article in the Society’s Journal or a poster presentation at the AGM or Annual Exhibition would be welcomed.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Awards are open to both members and non members of the BENHS.
- Preference will be given to work with a clear final objective (e.g. leading to publication or the production of a habitat management plan).
- Work on leaf miners and gall-forming insects should be submitted to the Society’s Professor Hering Memorial Research Fund.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Maitland Emmet BENHS Research Fund and Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.