Professor Hering Memorial Research Fund Grant
British Entomological and Natural History SocietySuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to £1,000
Deadline: Dec 1, 2019
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Society was founded in 1872 as the South London Entomological and Natural History Society and since its inception has always included amongst its members many of the leading entomologists of the day.
Awards will be made to assist travelling and other expenses necessary for fieldwork, for the study of collections, for the attendance at conferences, or, exceptionally, for the costs of publication of finished work.
Applications are also invited from persons wishing to borrow the Wild M3 Stereomicroscope and fibre optics illuminator bequeathed to the Fund by the late Edward Pelham-Clinton, 10th Duke of Newcastle.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Awards are open to both members and non members of the BENHS.
- Awards will be made to the applicants who want to do entomological research with particular emphasis on:
- Leaf miners
- Diptera (particularly Tephritidae and Agromyzidae)
- Lepidoptera (particularly Microlepidoptera)
- General entomology in the above order of preference having regard to the suitability of applicants and the plan of work proposed.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Professor Hering Memorial Research Fund Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.