BSHS Research Grant
The British Society for the History of Science
Grant amount: £50 - £500
Next deadline: Sep 30, 2018
Later deadlines: Mar 31, 2019
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty Unaffiliated Researcher Working Professional PhD Student
Funding uses: Research
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the world
Degree requirements: Applicants must have a completed PhDView website Save Need help writing this grant?
A proportion of the British Society for the History of Science (BSHS) grants fund will be set aside each year for
small grants for specific research purposes, such as
archival visits, research trips, photography or microfilming, or
temporary research assistance costs.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be members of the Society.
- Applicants are normally expected to hold a PhD, or to have completed at least one year’s research towards a PhD. There is no age limit.
- Applications for funding must be made in advance; grants may not be used to cover expenditure that has already been incurred.
- Grants are awarded only to individuals; individuals may make only one application per year; re-applications may not be made for the same project.
- Applicants should make their best effort to travel in the most economical way within reason (booking trains and flights well in advance, for example)
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- Preference is given to applicants who are within ten years of starting their PhD.
- Applications are particularly welcomed from those early in their research careers.
- Preference is given to research projects which have
clear, independent outcomes.
- Conference expenses are not available under this scheme. Student members of the Society should apply to the Butler-Eyles Fund for conference travel expenses.
- Grants are not available for costs
associated with publication.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the BSHS Research Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.