BSHS: Special Projects Grants
The British Society for the History of Science
Grant amount: £50 - £1,500
Next deadline: Sep 30, 2018
Later deadlines: Mar 31, 2019
Applicant type: Individuals
Funding uses: Education / Outreach
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Special Project Fund provides support for those who have ideas for projects which will promote the general aims of the Society, viz to foster the understanding of the history and social impact of science, technology and medicine, in all their branches, in the academic and the wider communities.
At present, the Society would be particularly interested in projects which would involve the wider community, but the remit of this grant scheme is purposefully broad to encourage diverse ideas.
Members of the Society who have ideas for projects, but do not as yet feel able to submit a fully costed and planned proposal, would be welcome to discuss their ideas with the Societies officers or with the chair of the relevant committee.
To foster understanding of the history and social impact of science, technology and medicine in all their branches in the academic and the wider communities, and to provide a national focus for the discipline.
Strategic Aims - The British Society for the History of Science aims:
- To be the generalist society of primary affiliation for all academics working in HSTM in these islands.
- To foster HSTM internationally
- To maintain BJHS as a leading learned journal in the discipline.
- To arrange a number of learned meetings in the discipline.
- To promote the discipline in higher education.
- To lobby the relevant agencies in support of the discipline, its resources and artefacts
- To promote awareness of HSTM in other areas of higher education (e.g. science faculties, general history departments)
- To promote awareness of, and encourage the teaching of, HSTM at all levels and in all areas of education.
- To foster understanding of the role of STM in the development of modern society.
- To increase the number of activities aimed at a variety of non-academic audiences.
- To encourage the exchange of ideas relating to HSTM between academic practitioners, teachers, scientists, government agencies and other relevant bodies.
- To raise the profile and increase the membership of BSHS on these islands and overseas.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants must be members of the Society.
- The proposed project must contribute to the Society’s aims and objectives (see Overview)
- The application must be fully costed, and include a definite plan of action.
- Projects should be feasible, with a realistic likelihood of completion within a year.
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- Funding is not available for academic conferences.
- Potential conference organisers should see the guidelines on our conference pages .
- Funding is not available for publishing costs.
- This grant is not intended for straightforward academic research projects, which are covered under the Research Grants scheme.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the BSHS: Special Projects Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.