David S Jenkinson Fellowship
British Society of Soil Science
Grant amount: Up to £5,000
Deadline: Jul 31, 2018
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher
Funding uses: Fellowship
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: United KingdomView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The British Society of Soil Science’s ‘David S Jenkinson Fellowship’ is a competitive award created to celebrate the research of Dr David S Jenkinson FRS. The purpose of the Fellowship is to support early career soil scientists in furthering their academic endeavors with support for international research visits from the UK to a collaborating organisation in an area of soil science that reflects the diverse interests of David’s own research. Celebrating the research of Dr David S Jenkinson FRS, this fellowship is available to support early career postdoctoral scientists from the UK to travel to and collaborate with an overseas organisation. Through this, we hope to build enduring scientific relationships, to enhance career development, and to promote UK soil science. It is offered annually to an early career postdoctoral scientist.
The topic of soil science that can be supported is unrestricted although it is expected that
the topics would address some aspects of soil organic matter or nutrient dynamics, global
change, soil ecology as areas of particular interest to David.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Must be Early career postdoctoral Members of the Society who are UK resident and employed.
- Must be Early career postdoctoral scientists within the first five years post-PhD award.
- An applicant who has submitted their PhD to their University and who is awaiting their viva can apply. If successful, they must have had a successful viva before taking up the award.
- The grant can only be used to fund a visit by a UK researcher overseas.
- The proposed project will normally involve research activities carried out at the host organisation, with the possibility of follow-up work in the UK or on a subsequent visit.
- Hosts must be outside of the UK, but are otherwise unrestricted.
- There are no restrictions on the type of soil science research activities that the scientist can carry out under this award; e.g. this can be for laboratory or field work or for scientific consultation and development of research ideas. The primary requirement is that the
applicant must be able to demonstrate that the research visit will further their career in
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the David S Jenkinson Fellowship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.