Brown County United Way: Emergency Response Fund Grant
Brown County United WaySuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Community Services
Applicant type: Nonprofit, Indigenous Group, Government Entity
Funding uses: General Operating Expense, Project / Program
Location of project: Brown County, Wisconsin
Location of residency: Brown County, WisconsinView website Save
About this funder:
Emergency Response Fund Grant Information
The Emergency Response Fund will channel local assistance to help respond to impacts of the COVID-19 virus and if needed, local flooding occurring during 2020, and/or other public, local crises that may arise.
Brown County United Way will administer grants from the fund in phases to help address immediate needs and short-term and longer-term impacts of the outbreak and recovery. Grants will be released on a rolling basis as the situation unfolds, making it possible to move resources as quickly as possible and adapt to evolving community needs. The process overall will be dependent upon available dollars. Granting decisions will be made by a team of community volunteers and Brown County United Way representatives.
Our goal is to notify applicants of granting decisions within one week of applying.
This fund provides nonprofit organizations with flexible resources to address the impact of the COVID-19 public health crisis on our community or other publicly declared crisis, including immediate basic needs, gaps in service, and operational challenges. Preference will be given to the provision of direct services in this context.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The Emergency Response Fund is able to support organizations meeting the following criteria:
- Nonprofit organizations with a 501(c)(3) designation in good standing with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS), or community-based groups, governmental bodies, municipalities, or school districts fiscally sponsored by a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization in good standing with the IRS.
- Directly serve the people of Brown County.
- Conduct business without discrimination with regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, political beliefs, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, or any other category protected by law.
- Based on our nonprofit structure, we are not able to fund individuals or private businesses directly. Direct support to individuals will be delivered through nonprofits with established processes for determining need and providing support.