Buhl Foundation: Henry C. Frick Educational Fund
Buhl FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $150,000
Applicant type: College / University Nonprofit Public Elementary / Secondary School
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Training / Capacity Building
Location of project: Preferred: Allegheny County, Pennsylvania Other eligible locations: Counties in Pennsylvania: Allegheny County, Fayette County, Greene County, Washington County, Westmoreland County
Location of residency: Counties in Pennsylvania: Allegheny County, Fayette County, Greene County, Washington County, Westmoreland CountyView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Henry C. Frick Educational Fund
- science and math education,
- arts education,
- teacher professional opportunities and
- organizations that promote strong public education leadership.
Henry C. Frick Teacher Alumnae Fund
Also included within the Frick Fund is the Henry C. Frick Teacher Alumnae Fund. The Henry Clay Frick Training School for Teachers was unique not only in Pittsburgh, but in the entire United States. Originally named The Pittsburgh Teachers Training School, it trained teachers to serve the children of Pittsburgh. The school was part of the Pittsburgh Public School System from 1912 until 1941. The Alumnae Association of the Frick Training School was founded in 1919. Originally an informal group, it later became organized with elected officers and a set of by-laws.
Through the Alumnae Association, graduates of the Frick School gave back in full measure the cost of their own education through their service and devotion to the children of Pittsburgh. The Frick Teacher Alumnae Fund began its association with the Buhl Foundation with $11,974 in 1994. Due to market appreciation and the generosity of loyal Frick Teacher Alumnae, the Alumnae Fund has benefited over the years with additional gifts including a testamentary request by Frieda Yetter in the amount of approximately $450,000.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants are limited to organizations that are located in Southwestern Pennsylvania and are defined as tax-exempt under section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and which are not private or operating foundations as defined in section 509(a) of the Code.
- The Frick Educational Fund giving is limited to Allegheny, Washington, Greene, Fayette and Westmoreland counties.
- The Frick Fund continues to support grants for public schools from kindergarten to high school, especially serving disadvantaged and at-risk populations in the region.
- Grants are not normally made for building funds, overhead costs, accumulated deficits, ordinary operating expenses, general fundraising campaigns, loans, scholarships and fellowships, other foundations, nationally funded organized groups or individuals.
- The Foundation does not contribute to political events.
- Support is not provided for charity events or fundraising benefits, nor does the Foundation purchase tables at such events.
- Conferences or seminars are not normally funded.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Buhl Foundation: Henry C. Frick Educational Fund by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.