Build-A-Bear In-Kind Donations
Build-A-Bear FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount in in-kind support
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Canada, United Kingdom, United States
Location of residency: Canada, United Kingdom, United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Since 1997, children and families around the world have made furry friends and memories at Build-A-Bear Workshop. Our corporate mission is to “Add a little more Heart to life” and we live it every day. From the first day of school to blowing out candles on the birthday cake, our furry friends have been right there by children’s sides. They also have given hugs after a scraped knee or a visit to the doctor. When a child is sick, scared or lonely and reaches for their teddy bear, Build-A-Bear is there.
We believe in the power of hugs and the simple comfort of having a furry friend by your side. We can’t solve all the worlds problems but know, in a small way, the simple joy of a teddy bear hug can make a difference. A hug is a simple, yet powerful, way to show that you care. By providing teddy bear hugs to children who need them most, we can spread the power of hugs.
We are honored to provide in-kind donations to nonprofit organizations and registered charities which support the well-being of children and work to make their days a little bit brighter.
Build-A-Bear focuses In-Kind Donation support on organizations that help:
- Children facing and undergoing treatment for life-threatening or chronic illness
- Children impacted by natural disasters
- Children who have been removed from their homes
- Children in foster care
- Homeless children
- Youth services for underprivileged children
- Children who have lost a family member (parent or sibling)
- Military children
Build-A-Bear Donations at a Glance
All donated bears are stuffed, stitched and ready to hug. We are unable to accommodate requests for customized items, licensed product, or guarantee the type of bear style used. Donations are granted to organizations that most closely align with our mission on a first-come, first-served basis.
Donation bears live at our Bearhouse in cases of 24. To help as many organizations as possible, donations may only be requested in multiples of 12, up to a maximum of 120 bears per request.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Recipient organization must be a tax-exempt, nonprofit organization as defined by IRS Code 501(c)(3) or a registered charity in Canada and the United Kingdom.
- Recipient organization must serve an area within 50 miles of a Build-A-Bear Workshop store
- Find a store here.
- Donated bears must directly support children in programs that promote the Build-A-Bear mission.
- We are not able to donate:
- coupons, promotional cards, gift cards, in-store parties/experiences, off-site events, unstuffed or unstitched furry friends, personalized tees, clothing, accessories, satin hearts, cub condos or other non-furry friend items.
- We are unable to provide donations to individuals, families, fundraisers, raffles or auctions.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Build-A-Bear In-Kind Donations by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.