Build-A-Bear Foundation Grant
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $25,000
Anticipated deadline: Mar 31, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Canada, United Kingdom, United States
Location of residency: Canada, United Kingdom, United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Build-A-Bear Foundation is committed to furthering our mission to add a little more heart to life by sharing hugs and making days a little brighter for those in need. We’re proud to provide grant funding to nonprofit organizations and registered charities doing good work in their communities.
We believe in the power of hugs and the simple comfort of having a furry friend by your side. Because of this belief, Build-A-Bear and Build-A-Bear Foundation focus our giving efforts on the well-being of children. It’s part of our Foundation mission: to add a little more heart to life by sharing hugs and making days a little brighter for those in need.
What types of children’s programs does a Build-A-Bear Foundation Grant support?
- Children facing and undergoing treatment for life-threatening or chronic illness
- Children impacted by natural disasters
- Children who have been removed from their homes
- Children in foster care
- Homeless children
- Youth services for underprivileged children
- Children who have lost a family member (parent or sibling)
- Companion animal services
- The Foundation does not fund programs where the primary benefit is to the animal (i.e. veterinary care, TNR programs) but will consider funding where there is an animal/child connection and there is either primary benefit to the child or mutual benefit between animal and human.
- Examples would be service animals for disabled children, therapy dogs, etc.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Recipient organization must be a tax-exempt, non-profit organization as defined by IRS Code 501(c)(3) or a registered charity in Canada and the United Kingdom.
- Recipient organization must serve an area within 50 miles of a Build-A-Bear Workshop store.
- Find a store here.
- Funds must directly support programs that promote the Build-A-Bear Foundation mission.
- In an effort to help as many as possible, if an organization receives a grant, they are not eligible to receive another grant for one calendar year.
- We do not provide donations to individuals or families (including those requesting furry friend donations for charitable organizations), political or partisan organizations, churches or religious organizations for religious purposes, organizations that will discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, or sexual orientation, or labor organizations.
- Requests must not be for:
- a capital campaign, general operating costs or other non-programmatic expenses.
- spay/neuter programs, veterinary assistance, rescue/adoption efforts or other animal related causes.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Build-A-Bear Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.