Build Healthy, Strong Communities Grant Program
Florida Blue FoundationSuggest an update
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Fields of work: Education - Preschool / Early Learning Literacy Human & Social Services Art & Culture Community Development & Revitalization Education - Higher Education Disaster Relief / Humanitarian Aid Education - K through 12 Wellness & Healthy Living Art Education Museums & Cultural Institutions Community Health Education Crisis Intervention Community/Public Safety Writing & Literature Library Services Visual Arts Performing Arts Show all
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Florida
Location of residency: FloridaView website Save
About this funder:
Build Healthy, Strong Communities
Our commitment to making a positive impact in the community is firmly rooted in our core company value to help people and communities achieve better health. Working in partnership with nonprofit organizations, the Florida Blue Foundation addresses critical issues in local communities, opening new windows of opportunity to better enable our neighbors to reach their potential.
Build Healthy, Strong Communities encompasses applications for programs and support related to improving education/literacy, especially birth through 5; health and human services; arts and culture; and community development.
Education & Literacy
Programs that provide educational and other services that improve literacy and/or positively impact public and private schools in the communities we serve. Minority support, undergraduate schools, Pre-K-12 and higher education programs all qualify; although we are especially interested in birth through five years.
Health & Human Services
Programs that address issues that affect families and individuals of all ages, including services that enable a person or family to become more self-sufficient and enhance their overall well-being. Examples of this include programs that increase and improve safety, health literacy programs, health and wellness education, and supportive services and resources during times of crisis and disaster.
Arts & Culture
Programs that provide art and culture to enhance the quality of life in the communities we serve. Programs can also promote creative outreach and educational opportunities through the arts. Examples include literature programs, library enhancement and funding for museums, performing arts, and visual arts.
Programs that provide opportunities for volunteers to serve in positive leadership roles, provide opportunity for relationship development and management, and leadership training in the communities we serve. Examples include multicultural events and educational forums, involvement with Economic Development Councils, Chambers of Commerce, Divisions of Housing/Neighborhoods, and other supportive services.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Build Healthy, Strong Communities grants may support charitable organizations that meet all of the following criteria. The organizations must:
- Be located in Florida and serve Floridians
- Possess exemption by the Internal Revenue Service under section 501(c)(3) of the tax code
- Address Florida Blue community outreach goals and targets
- Not duplicate the work of other organizations already supported by Florida Blue or the Florida Blue Foundation within the same geographic or program area
- Have a current, satisfactory audit conducted by a certified public accountant
- Have a long-standing reputation for credibility and integrity
- Florida Blue and the Florida Blue Foundation do not make charitable contributions to:
- Organizations without the IRS 501(c)(3) status
- Profit-making organizations
- Religious organizations if funds are used to benefit a specific denomination or congregation (however, programs sponsored by religious groups but nonsectarian in nature may be eligible for support)
- Political groups or individuals running for elected office (political contributions are budgeted and allocated through Governmental and Legislative Relations and Florida Health PAC)
- Any organization that poses a legal or business conflict of interest to us or our subsidiary companies, or is thought not to be in the best interest of the Company
- Organizations that discriminate in their provision of goods and services based on race, color, religion, national origin, disability, sex, age, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, veteran status or marital status
- Parent-teacher organizations
- Civic and fraternal groups for their operating expenses
- Labor organizations
Want to discover new grants?
See how we help our customers save time and find new funding by trying out Instrumentl for 14-days free or learn more.
“This is the best foundation match & grant tracking tool I've used in my many years of fundraising.”