Building a Healthier Community Grant
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Next anticipated deadline: Dec 15, 2018 9:00am PST (Pre proposal)
Later anticipated deadlines: Mar 1, 2019 9:00am PST (Full proposal)
Applicant type: Nonprofit Elementary / Secondary School College / University
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Counties in Indiana: Adams County, Allen County, DeKalb County, Huntington County, Noble County, Steuben County, Wabash County, Wells County, Whitley County Expand all
Location of residency: Counties in Indiana: Adams County, Allen County, DeKalb County, Huntington County, Noble County, Steuben County, Wabash County, Wells County, Whitley County Expand allView website Save Need help writing this grant?
A healthy community is one that promotes positive physical, mental, and spiritual well-being. The Lutheran Foundation is committed to building healthier communities by investing in organizations whose purpose is to address the root cause of health needs in our communities.
- Reduce stigma and increase emotional well-being by promoting community awareness and understanding that mental and behavioral health conditions are common, can be debilitating, and are responsive to treatment.
- Promote early screening, diagnosis and treatment in order to improve and integrate mental and behavioral health and well-being services with primary care.
- Provide access to health care for the uninsured/ underinsured for preventative health care, diagnosis, and treatment services
- Encourage consistent and significant adult involvement in the lives of vulnerable individuals (children, youth and/or adults) with particular emphasis on building and strengthening resilience, coping skills, and connectedness among peers, families, and communities in order to improve mental, behavioral, and physical health and well-being
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nonprofit charitable organizations that are exempt from federal taxes under section 501(c) (3) of the IRS Revenue Code are eligible to apply.
- Our Building a Healthier Community Grant are designed to support programs, initiatives and organizations in Northeast Indiana.
- Read FAQ for further details.
- The Lutheran Foundation gives priority to organizations that demonstrate the love of Christ by who they are, and by what they do and say.
- While our primary interest is in improving physical, mental and spiritual health, it recognizes that a broad range of programs and projects may benefit the people of northeast Indiana. The Board may, therefore, award grants that help the community in other ways.
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Building a Healthier Community Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.