Burlington Capital Foundation Grant
Burlington CapitalSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $140,000
Next deadline: Dec 12, 2019
Later deadlines: Mar 12, 2020, Jun 11, 2020, Sep 10, 2020
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Project / Program
Location of project: Iowa, Nebraska
Location of residency: Preferred: Iowa, Nebraska Other eligible locations: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
Burlington Capital is a diverse investment management firm that creates and pursues innovative business ventures through its experience, knowledge and relationships in the areas of real estate, international agribusiness and financial services. We are committed to successfully developing and managing these unique business opportunities for institutional, private and public partners.
Burlington Capital Foundation:
- grants funds to community endeavors with a focus on the arts, education, family values and senior care;
- is sponsored by Burlington Capital;
- is an outlet for tracing the roots of Burlington Capital back to its founding family; and
- has gifted funds and volunteer hours to improve the overall quality of life in Omaha and the communities we live and work in.
How often do you meet for grant review?
We meet on the third Thursday of March, June, September, and December.
When are the deadlines?
Please submit your proposal at least one week before our regularly scheduled meetings.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, we require the document with any application.
- We made the choice to focus our gifts in Nebraska and Iowa.
- At times, grants to national organizations are approved when they impact our community.
- Additionally, employees of Burlington Capital are encouraged to apply even if their organization is outside of this region, since we want to assist our employees’ communities as well.
- Please note that if you have private foundation or private operating foundation status, or have other than Internal Revenue Code 501(c)(3) tax-exempt status, you are ineligible for a Burlington Capital Foundation grant.
- What types of items do you not support?
- organizations not determined by the IRS to be tax-exempt under 501(c)(3)
- national or regional organizations unless their programs address specific local community needs
- programs or initiatives where the primary purpose is the promotion of religious doctrine or tenets
- elementary or secondary schools (except to provide special initiatives or programs not provided by regular school budgets)
- political action or legislative advocacy groups
- endowment funds
- organizations whose primary purpose is to support other non-profit organizations
- fraternal groups, athletic teams, bands or similar groups
- Requests will be reviewed for many types of charitable causes. However, a few exceptions are listed below:
- Religious Organizations - Although programs with religious affiliation are eligible if they support a secular community service program and do not propagate a belief in a specific religious faith.
- Organizations whose chief purpose is to influence legislation or to participate or intervene in political campaigns on behalf of or against any candidate for public office.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Burlington Capital Foundation Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.