Collaborative Research Travel Grant Program
Burroughs Wellcome FundSuggest an update
Grant amount: Up to US $15,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 1, 2020 1:00pm PST
Applicant type: Postdoctoral Researcher Faculty
Funding uses: Conference
Location of project: Canada, United States
Location of residency: Canada, United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Collaborative Research Travel Grant (CRTG) program provides up to $15,000 in support for relatively unrestricted travel funds to academic scientists and trainees (postdocs or fellows) at U.S. or Canadian degree-granting institutions. Grants must be used for domestic or international travel to another lab to learn new research techniques or begin or continue a collaboration to address biomedical questions. Special consideration will be given to applicants who have doctorate level training in the physical, mathematical, or engineering sciences and are working on biomedical problems.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Only faculty or postdoctoral fellows at U.S. or Canadian degree-granting institutions are eligible.
- Grants must be made to U.S. or Canadian degree-granting institutions only.
- Applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of the U.S. or Canada.
- Only proposals addressing questions in the biomedical sciences will be accepted.
- Additional Restrictions:
- Grants may be used for laboratory consumables.
- The grant is for the benefit of the awardee only.
- Only travel and expenses incurred personally by the awardee may be charged to the grant.
- Food, lodging, airfare, and ground transportation on behalf of awardee are allowed.
- Supplies and materials that are research related to the collaboration between the award recipient and host are covered.
addition, BWF will also allow up to $500 of incidental expenses accrued
by the host to be charged to the grant.
- Previous travel grant recipients are not eligible.
- Researchers at federal labs are not eligible.
- Grants cannot be used for travel to conferences/meeting/ courses, to cover salary support, or to purchase equipment.
- No indirect or overhead charges can be applied to grant.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Collaborative Research Travel Grant Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.