C R Barber Trust Fund Programme
Institute of Physics
Grant amount: £100 - £300
Applicant type: Undergraduate Student Graduate Student
Funding uses: Conference
Membership: Applicants must be a member of this organization to apply. Become a member.
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The C R Barber Trust Fund is open to Members of the Institute, who are in the early stages of their career, and who wish to attend an overseas conference.
The support given to successful applicants will normally cover only part of the expenses incurred in attending a conference and are intended to supplement grants from other sources.
How much is the grant worth?
Grants are fixed and are dependent on where the conference is located. For applications based in the UK the following amounts apply:
- £100 for conferences in Europe
- £175 for conferences in the USA/Canada
- £300 for conferences in the rest of the world
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants will only be available only to research students who are Members of the IOP.
- Grants are awarded only for overseas conferences of international standing and not national meetings (relative to the location of the applicant).
- Grants can be used to cover any part of the conference attendance (travel, registration fees, accommodation).
You must be a member of this organization to apply for this award - become a member.
- This scheme does not aim to support post-doctoral researchers or taught masters students.
- Members wishing to attend a conference held in their country of residence are not eligible for a grant from this Trust Fund.
- If you have been a recipient of a grant from the CR Barber Trust Fund previously then the institution are unable to accept further applications.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the C R Barber Trust Fund Programme by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.