CA CARES: Humanities Relief Grants For Organizations
California HumanitiesSuggest an update
Deadline: Jun 15, 2020 5:00pm PDT
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $20,000
Fields of work: Museums & Cultural Institutions Economics Library & Information Science Philosophy Linguistics Library Services History Geography Sociology Anthropology & Cultural Studies Show all
Applicant type: Indigenous Group, Nonprofit
Funding uses: General Operating Expense
Location of project: California
Location of residency: CaliforniaView website Save
About this funder:
CA CARES: Humanities Relief Grants
CA CARES: Humanities Relief Grants for organizations aim to provide general operating support to organizations that have experienced the cancellation of their public humanities activities due to a decrease or loss of revenue, cancellation of programming opportunities, loss of paid staff, or venues as a result of COVID-19.
Applicants may request between $5,000 and $20,000 in general operating support. Grant awards will be determined in proportion to an organization’s budget size, and grant requests can be no more than 10% of an organization’s current operating budget.
Applications will be accepted from California-based public agencies (including libraries, museums, schools, universities and colleges, and tribal governments) and California-based organizations with a minimum two-year organizational history.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Applicants may include:
- Categorically-defined humanities provider organizations:
- Museum, library, archive, historical society, cultural center, humanities department or division of a K-12 educational institution or college or university.
- Entities that can demonstrate a substantial track record of public humanities work within the past five years.
- Associations and organizations that do not have tax-exempt status may apply under the auspices of an eligible fiscal sponsor.
- Fiscal sponsors must be California-based.
- Current California Humanities grantees are eligible to apply.
- Prior grant history with California Humanities is NOT required.
- CA CARES Relief Grants Are Not Intended to Support:
- Activities and projects primarily intended to advance a specific policy or political agenda or to influence legislation (advocacy).
- The purchase of land or facilities, construction or renovation.
- Overlapping project costs with any other pending or approved application(s) for federal funding.
- Projects that fall outside of the humanities (including the creation or performance of art; creative writing, autobiographies, memoirs, and creative nonfiction; and empirically based social science research or policy studies).
- Prizes, awards, scholarships, grants.