Natural Community Conservation Planning Local Assistance Grant Program (NCCP LAG)
California Department of Fish & Wildlife
Grant amount: Up to US $576,000
Anticipated deadline: Aug 18, 2018 5:00pm PDT
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit Indigenous Group College / University
Funding uses: Applied Project / Program, Research
Location of project: California
Location of residency: CaliforniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The Natural Community Conservation Planning Local Assistance Grant (NCCP LAG) Program was created to assist local public and non-profit entities in the implementation of Natural Community Conservation Plans (NCCPs) throughout California, as authorized under Fish and Game Code (FGC) 2800 et seq.
CDFW offers state funds through NCCP LAGs to eligible Applicants on an annual basis for highest priority tasks needed to implement NCCPs. Highest priority tasks are identified by the NCCP implementing partners and Wildlife Agencies throughout the preceding year.
Examples of types of projects that are eligible for funding are shown below.
- Management Activities: Immediate management actions on newly acquired NCCP reserve lands
- Restoration/Enhancement: Restoration or enhancement of habitats or species populations on NCCP reserve lands
- Monitoring: Design and implementation of biological monitoring programs identified in an NCCP, including the establishment of sampling methods, monitoring plots, data collection, management, and analysis
- Acquisition: Acquisition of land by fee title or conservation easement that is an essential part of an NCCP reserve system and acceptable to CDFW
- Reserve Management Plans: Development and implementation of individual reserve management plans
- Mapping: New or updated mapping in support of NCCP management or monitoring activities, such as vegetation community mapping
- Targeted Studies for Adaptive Management: Studies to evaluate management actions for covered habitats or species, and whether such actions are meeting stated goals or require adjustments through adaptive management
- Other :Other priority tasks, identified by the NCCP LAG Applicant and NCCP implementation partners, that are needed to ensure effective implementation of the NCCP
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible Applicants include local jurisdictions or other entities that are implementing a CDFW-approved NCCP or will be implementing an NCCP within 12 months of the release of the Proposal Solicitation Package (PSP).
- Other eligible entities include public agencies and non-profit organizations that have an interest in assisting with the implementation of Eligible Projects.
- Routine, on-going management activities are not eligible.
- Projects legally required as mitigation by a regulatory agency as a condition for a permit are not eligible.
- In addition, Permittee-responsible activities and administrative tasks (for which the funding commitment is specified in the NCCP or Implementing Agreement) are also not eligible.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Natural Community Conservation Planning Local Assistance Grant Program (NCCP LAG) by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.