Cabarrus County Community Foundation Grant Cycle
Foundation for the Carolinas
Grant amount: Unspecified amount
Anticipated deadline: Oct 6, 2018 9:00am PDT
Applicant type: Indigenous Group Government Entity College / University Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: Cabarrus County, North Carolina
Location of residency: United StatesView website Save Need help writing this grant?
The mission of the Cabarrus County Community Foundation is to inspire philanthropy and strengthen our community by supporting initiatives that address local needs and providing quality services to donors and constituents.
The Board of Trustees supports their mission through the annual competitive grantmaking program. The Foundation is an investor in the community and is interested in creating the highest possible levels of community gain, focused on improving the lives of Cabarrus County citizens.
Result and Investment Areas
Grant dollars are available through the Cabarrus County Community Foundation's Endowment Fund and the York Cress Fund advised by the Board. The result and investment areas below reflect the Board’s focus for this year’s grant program.
Priority will be given to requests for projects and programs that address a community need. Eligible organizations are expected to address one of the following result areas:
Arts & Culture
- People of all ages and socio-economic backgrounds have access to and actively participate in cultural experiences
- Children enter school ready to learn
- An increased number of youth at-risk of dropping out stay in school and achieve
- Children and youth exhibit positive behaviors during out of school hours and are motivated to stay in school
- Displaced individuals are trained or retrained for a new career and capable of job seeking to reenter the work force
- People of all ages have access to interact with nature and the environment.
- People maintain healthy nutrition and/or engage in regular physical activity **
- People have access to basic preventative health care as part of a comprehensive health care plan to reduce risk of preventable and potentially chronic diseases
- People suffering from mental illness, substance abuse or physical disabilities have accessible medical services to stay productive members of their community
- Victims of domestic or sexual violence have access to a safe place, receive medical treatment and feel protected
- Formerly homeless families and individuals get and maintain safe, quality, and affordable housing for an extended period of time
- Emergency shelter is available for the chronically and situational homeless and assists those served in securing stable housing
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants must be awarded to eligible organizations including 501(c)(3) nonprofit organizations, congregations, governmental and educational institutions for projects that will serve the residents of Cabarrus County.
- If the organization conducting the project is not an eligible organization, a grant can be applied for under the fiscal sponsorship of an eligible organization.
- The following areas do not fall within Cabarrus County Community Foundation’s current funding priorities:
- Capital campaign requests
- Debt retirement/deficit funding or expenses incurred prior to grant award decisions
- Direct support of individuals (e.g. scholarships, hardship)
- Duplication of existing programs or services
- Endowment funds
- General operating support
- Travel and conferences
- Publication of books
- Projects that are typically the funding responsibility of federal, state or local government
- Projects that promote political or religious views
- Political or lobbying activities
- Sponsorships or fundraisers
- *In past years CCCF has entertained applications for food banks, weekly soup kitchens and other crisis related food service programs.
- Please note our guidelines have changed in this area to emphasize food related programs providing sustainable food options and nutrition.
- Applications for the above mentioned programs will not be considered.*
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Cabarrus County Community Foundation Grant Cycle by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.