Cabot Family Charitable Trust Grants
Cabot Family Charitable Trust
Grant amount: US $5,000 - US $50,000
Next anticipated deadline: Feb 1, 2019
Later anticipated deadlines: Sep 1, 2019
Applicant type: Nonprofit
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program, Capital Project, General Operating Expense
Location of project: Massachusetts
Location of residency: MassachusettsView website Save Need help writing this grant?
In 1942, Godfrey Lowell Cabot created a trust that eventually became known as the Cabot Family Charitable Trust. His intention was to establish an instrument of giving for his descendants and continue to promote the good works he started with his wife, Maria Moors Cabot.
The Trust makes grant awards twice a year to nonprofit organizations in the city of Boston and contiguous communities, as well as to organizations in which Cabot family members maintain philanthropic interest. Awards are put to work in the areas of arts and culture, education and youth development, environment and conservation, health and human services, and for civic and public benefit. Within these fields, as appropriate, the trustees prefer programs mainly serving youth and young adults, with a special interest in programs focused on insuring the healthy growth and development of infants and young children, as a foundation for their future success.
The Cabot Family Charitable Trust will consider grant applications for general support, support for specific programs and activities and for capital campaigns. While most grant awards are for one year, the trustees may award multi-year funding for capital campaigns and in limited circumstances, for a period of up to three years where a longer-term commitment can be shown to accelerate positive outcomes.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3) status within the city of Boston and contiguous communities are eligible for support.
- Applications recommended for funding meet the following criteria:
- Reflect Cabot family interests and provide benefits to communities and organizations that have been supported by the family’s philanthropy.
- Extend important services to individuals and groups not served adequately through other programs and institutions.
- Manage change by assessing community needs and developing programs to meet emerging needs.
- Promote productive cooperation and full use of resources by nonprofit organizations and community groups.
- Test new approaches to problems or adapt solutions that have been successful elsewhere.
- The trustees are unlikely to fund policy advocacy unless it is part of a larger program that has direct service components.
- Cabot Family Charitable Trust does not support:
- sectarian programs of religious institutions
- fraternal organizations
- fundraising events or matching gift programs
- nor does the Trust make awards to individuals
About this funder:
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the Cabot Family Charitable Trust Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.