CSSA Research Program
Cactus & Succulent Society of AmericaSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,200 - US $3,000
Next anticipated deadline: Feb 1, 2020
Later anticipated deadlines: Jul 1, 2020
Applicant type: Organizations Individuals
Funding uses: Research
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: Anywhere in the worldView website Save Need help writing this grant?
About this funder:
The Cactus and Succulent Society of America, Inc. (CSSA) has a Research Grants Program that provides small facilitation grants in support of research on succulent plants. Typical awards range up to $1200 - 3000 U.S. The Research Grants Program is administered by the CSSA Research Committee, which is overseen by the CSSA Board of Directors.
The Research Grants Program is funded entirely from donations made to CSSA and dedicated to this program. Donors include individuals, organizations, and businesses. Substantial funding is derived from the Rare Plant Auction held every two years at the CSSA Convention. Because the membership of the Cactus and Succulent Society of America is composed primarily of hobbyists, and because research funds are donated primarily by hobbyists, many of the grants funded by the Society are for research that increases the level of knowledge and understanding of the members about succulent plants. General types of research supported by the CSSA include, but are not limited to, studies
- to discover new species or forms;
- of ecological associations;
- to increase knowledge of taxonomy, nomenclature, and biogeography;
- relating to all aspects of cultivation, artificial propagation and mass production;
- relating to conservation of threatened or endangered species;
- of basic biology, such as morphology and physiology, especially as these relate to the needs and interests of hobbyists.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- The CSSA Research Grants Program is open to all applicants, without respect to gender, age, nationality, or affiliation.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CSSA Research Program by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.
Please wait while we load this grant.
Sorry, we're having trouble loading this grant.