CalEPA Environmental Enforcement and Training Grant
California Environmental Protection Agency (CalEPA)
Grant amount: US $10,000 - US $112,000
Deadline: Aug 31, 2018
Applicant type: Government Entity Nonprofit
Funding uses: Conference
Location of project: California
Location of residency: CaliforniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
Penal Code section 14300 et seq. established the Environmental Enforcement and Training Account. California Code of Regulations, title 27, section 10011 et seq. contains the implementing regulations for the Environmental Enforcement Training Account Grant Program. The purpose of the Grant Program is to provide financial assistance for environmental enforcement, investigation and training programs that enhance statewide enforcement of environmental laws. The Secretary may award grants to public entities and private nonprofit organizations for:
- Training public prosecutors, peace officers, firefighters, and state or local environmental regulators in the investigation and enforcement of environmental laws;
- The cost of local environmental regulators engaged in the enforcement of environmental laws; and/or
- The costs of prosecutors, investigators and research attorneys working within the Environmental Circuit Prosecutor Project.
The actual amount of grant funding available depends on the amount of money deposited into the Environmental Enforcement and Training Account from settlements and other contributions in preceding fiscal years.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Grants may be awarded to public agencies and private nonprofit entities for training public prosecutors, peace officers, firefighters, and state or local environmental regulators in the investigation and enforcement of environmental laws.
- Local environmental regulators may request local assistance grants to assist in the investigation and enforcement of environmental laws, based upon a showing of substantial need and a lack of other available funding sources.
- Organizations that have not received previous grants under the Environmental Enforcement and Training Account Grant Program may receive preference over organizations currently or previously receiving grant awards.
- Applications proposing projects inconsistent with CalEPA’s statutory authority or mission are ineligible for funding.
- Individuals are not eligible to receive grants.
- Grant funds cannot be used for lobbying or intervention in state or federal regulatory proceedings.
- Grant funds cannot be used for matching state or federal funding.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CalEPA Environmental Enforcement and Training Grant by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.