CalEPA Environmental Justice (EJ) Small Grants
California Environmental Protection Agency (CalEPA)
Grant amount: Up to US $50,000
Anticipated deadline: Feb 28, 2019 5:00pm PST
Applicant type: Nonprofit Indigenous Group
Funding uses: Education / Outreach, Applied Project / Program
Location of project: California
Location of residency: CaliforniaView website Save Need help writing this grant?
- Maximum Available Per Project. The maximum amount of a grant provided is $50,000.
- Grant Term. 12 months.
- Improving Access to Safe and Clean Water.
- Addressing Climate Change Impacts Through Community Led Solutions.
- Reducing the Potential for Exposure to Pesticides and Toxic Chemicals.
- Promoting Community Capacity Building — Improving Communities’ and Tribes’ Understanding of the Technical and Procedural Aspects of Environmental Decision-Making.
- Promoting the Development Of Community-Based Research That Protects and Enhances Public Health and the Environment.
- Addressing Cumulative Impacts Through Collaboration Between Community-Based Organizations and Local Government.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Eligible applicants are limited to non-profit entities or federally recognized Tribal governments.
- A “non-profit entity” is defined as any corporation, trust, association, cooperative, or other organization that meets all of the following criteria:
- Operates primarily for scientific, educational, service, charitable, or other similar purposes in the public interest.
- Not organized primarily for profit.
- Uses its net proceeds to maintain, improve, or expand, or any combination thereof, its operations.
- Is a tax-exempt organization under federal Internal Revenue Code Section 501 (c)(3), or is able to provide evidence that the State of California recognizes the organizations as a non-profit entity.
- Individuals and organizations that are tax exempt under federal Internal Revenue Code Section 501(c)(4) are not eligible to apply for this funding.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CalEPA Environmental Justice (EJ) Small Grants by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.