CPRS Student Scholarship
California Foundation for Parks and RecreationSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $1,000 - US $2,000
Anticipated deadline: Nov 24, 2020
Applicant type: Graduate Student Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: Anywhere in the world
Location of residency: CaliforniaView website Save
About this funder:
The California Foundation for Parks and Recreation Scholarship Committee offers scholarships to assist noteworthy students in fulfilling their goal of entering the park and recreation profession. The Committee annually awards scholarships to junior, senior and graduate level students majoring in recreation, parks, leisure studies and closely related fields, throughout the state of California. Award amounts are generally between $1000 and $2000. On occasion, an outstanding student has been the recipient of more than one scholarship.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Scholarships are available for students majoring in all aspects of recreation, parks, park operations, natural resources management, recreation therapy, commercial recreation, tourism, community recreation, recreation/aquatic management, recreational sports management and recreation leadership.
- If you are in a degree program of a related field, you must be actively working in a field mentioned above.
- Undergraduate applicants must have completed or be enrolled in courses that add up to a minimum of 60 units with at least 12 units in their major. Undergraduate students must have a minimum of a 3.0 GPA in their major and cumulative GPA of 2.5
- Graduate candidates must have completed at least 9 units and have a GPA of 3.0 overall and in the major.
- Only completed applications with faculty recommendation, professional recommendation, and transcripts will be eligible for review.
- Scholarship winners may only be eligible to be awarded twice (2 years) per degree.
- Membership in CPRS is NOT a requirement for the CFPR Scholarship, though it is highly recommended. To learn more about the benefits of CPRS membership, click here.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the CPRS Student Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.