California Garden Clubs Scholarship
California Garden ClubsSuggest an update
Grant amount: US $2,000
Anticipated deadline: Jan 15, 2020
Applicant type: Graduate Student Undergraduate Student
Funding uses: Scholarship
Location of project: California
Location of residency: California
Minimum GPA: 3.0View website Save Need help writing this grant?
CGCI has been involved in many statewide projects including those currently active today. It is home to over 350 garden clubs, associate plant societies, affiliates and youth clubs/projects with 21,000+ individual members
Mission and Objectives
- To create, promote and further interest in horticulture, gardening, floral and landscape design, plant and bird life, and appreciation of the natural beauties of the State of California.
- To encourage civic beautification and roadside development.
- To assist in projects for the conservation of our natural resources.
- To coordinate and centralize the work of the various California garden clubs and bring them into a closer relation of mutual helpfulness.
- To cooperate with other agencies in furthering interests in educational areas.
The college scholarship program offers financial aid to students majoring in fields of study related to horticulture and the environment.
You can learn more about this opportunity by visiting the funder's website.
- Must be a full-time college junior, senior or graduate student.
- Sophomores may make application for the junior year.
- Must have a minimum GPA of 3.25 (3.0) to 4.0 scale).
- Career plans must be related to the following objectives of CGCI:
- Landscape Design
- Plant Pathology
- Environmental Concerns
- City Planning and/or
- allied subjects
- Applicants may attend the school of their choice, provided there is a recognized department in one of the required subjects.
- No doctoral program students may apply.
Find more grants like this
Find more grants like the California Garden Clubs Scholarship by joining Instrumentl.
We help nonprofits and academics find more grants and take control of their grants process with a refreshingly intuitive online platform.